The Sewing Place

question about photo behavior

mudcat

question about photo behavior
« on: December 23, 2022, 05:31:51 AM »
Whenever I add a picture I always insert it into the post so it will be the larger size but many people don't and I find that about half the time when I click on them they never enlarge.  I've taken to opening them in a new window and then they are the bigger size.

My question is ... why does it not always enlarge after clicking on it?  I can find no pattern at all for the behavior.

Sheilago

Re: question about photo behavior
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2022, 08:41:15 AM »
As I understand it,we are encouraged to load up smaller versions of each photo, so as not to clog up the website space. I usually choose a medium sized version on my iPad to upload. Maybe the ones that don’t enlarge are very small versions. That’s a very non tech answer. I’m sure someone will have a better answer.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 08:51:18 AM by Sheilago »

Iminei

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2022, 08:46:55 AM »
Sometimes it takes a while for the Gremlin that grabs the thumbnail and brings it closer to the screen to wake up from his nap ... you just gotta wait a few seconds longer.

Now THATS a technical answer !!!  ;)
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

BrendaP

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2022, 10:06:15 AM »
When I post an image I usually resize to that it has a maximum dimension of 500 pixels, which fets a file of about 300 Kb.

If you just post the image - as I did with the one of the Christmas tree in the window it should, I think, show as a thumbnail which can be clicked to enlarge.

If you upload an image and click on 'insert attachment' then it will appear in the message (at the point where you curser was when you did that) at the bigger size.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

This is what I do using a laptop; not sure what the differences might be if you are using a phone or a tablet. 
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2022, 11:10:06 AM »
When I reduce the size of mine I get three options
The size of a thumbnail
The size suitable for sending in email, this is the one I use
The size that is way too big to put on here as it will use up all the space available.
I used to be able to do the size to what I wanted on my old laptop but this one has me confused so I just click the most sensible looking button!
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

mudcat

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2022, 22:39:12 PM »
As far as sizing photos ... I use GraphicConverter with a Save For Web function which makes them pretty small in size (< 200kb) and then crop as much as possible out so these aren't enormous photos that I'm posting.

When I click on those that aren't inserted into the post they aren't enlarging even after several minutes.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 22:42:06 PM by mudcat »