The Sewing Place

Resurgence of the Darkside 2023

Lowena

Resurgence of the Darkside 2023
« on: January 03, 2023, 10:29:36 AM »
The Lightsiders seem to be getting organised and planning their wardrobes.......
I've been in the Darkside Workshop, cleared out the empty bottlescobwebs.......
@Acorn has checked that the QP are safely locked in the shed........
I've stocked up the coffee,tea and gariboldi tins.....
Are we all raring to go??
I know that @LeilaMay has a quilt in the pipeline ( green scrap  fabric will be winging her way tomorrow ). Anyone else??
Let's make this a great Darkside year  :sew:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Flobear

Re: Resurgence of the Darkside 2023
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2023, 11:16:48 AM »
So, @Lowena will you be venturing to the Stars - the Sparkling variety, of course  ;)
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

LeilaMay

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2023, 11:41:59 AM »
Well, here I have a quilt front and back ready, but haven't been able to buy the wadding yet, so that will be my first project once I've finished a jumper I'm re-knitting. I know where I hope to put the quilt lines, so a nice project I'm looking forward to getting to.
Then the green and white "Grass" double quilt.
And another jumper re-knitting (don't ask) but then no more blue jumpers for the foreseeable future!

Pearl

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2023, 12:33:16 PM »
No plans for new quilts this year but I have several on my WIPGO board, including the 2017 TSP Mystery quilt and the 2018 temperature quilt, so as soon as they are called, I’ll be working on them.

Lowena

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2023, 12:44:17 PM »
Well done girls, and good luck  :thumb:
Hopefully @Flobear but I have a problem with the instructions and my Kindle tablet  :thinking:
I got in a right 2&8 when I tried before  :embarrassed: I'll endeavour to copy the instructions longhand on paper and see if that's any better. I would like to give it a go  :)
Triumph of hope over experience :D

LeilaMay

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2023, 12:46:53 PM »
No plans for new quilts this year but I have several on my WIPGO board, including the 2017 TSP Mystery quilt and the 2018 temperature quilt, so as soon as they are called, I’ll be working on them.

What is WIPGO please? I get the 'work in progress' bit, but the rest?
:)

Pearl

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2023, 13:11:02 PM »
WIPGO is something that  Jessie Marie Does Stuff does on Facebook and YouTube.  You make a 5X5 grid and number the squares and put your unfinished projects on it.  Every month, Jessie Marie draws two numbers and you work on these during the month. 

I have too many UFOs and hope start 2024 with fewer.

LeilaMay

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2023, 13:24:02 PM »
Ah, thank you. I'm one of those folks who has to do only 1 project in each type at a time, so one knitting ting, one sewing thing and so on, so not done that sort of thing. Seems like a good way to tackle them though, good luck with it.

Sheilago

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2023, 16:11:58 PM »
I did start a new baby quilt, animal themed, before Christmas, but have then had an awful virus/ tonsillitis for the past week or so. I haven’t been out of the house since Christmas Day, so I really haven’t felt much like making progress on the quilt.
Hopefully I’ll start to feel normal soon and can post some pictures. I’ve made blocks with  a lion, hippo, monkey and giraffe so far. Next step is to make a long central block with elephants.

Celia

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2023, 16:44:21 PM »
No actual quilts but maybe a quilted cushion, I need a couple for the sewing room bed.  I am alternating between cushions and pillowcase size cushions that can be multiuse.

Flobear

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2023, 17:57:39 PM »
@Lowena , please ask if some of the instructions seem confusing. I'm sure someone will be able to help. Maybe even a face to face Zoomy thing if that's something you can do.

I complete my 17th and 18th blocks this afternoon. Have laid the whole lot on the spare bed to start thinking about which order I want them in before embarking on the remaining 7.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Acorn

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2023, 18:32:17 PM »
I have soooo many quilts lining up in my head that I have no idea where to go next!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Ellabella

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2023, 18:46:55 PM »
Book for Christmas
https://blackwells.co.uk/bookshop/product/9781446309254?gC=5a105e8b&gclid=CjwKCAiAwc-dBhA7EiwAxPRylLUHRoIdX6fFDsphpc32VLq2ccCcUkl1rD2MwjyyCgtRR0-HIOl1txoCgoIQAvD_BwE

Fabric, thread and new marker pens ordered, just hope everything arrives soon so I don’t have to do too much catchup.

WendyW

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2023, 04:02:26 AM »
I'm ready and rarin' to go! So many things I need to sew for our new house. I've got a dresser scarf under my needle currently, to go on the new buffet.  One quilt for our bed half-done, a state it has been in for at least 5 years. I have random quilts hanging over our loft railing to deaden echos and want to replace them with ones that don't clash with everything else in the room. I don't have a clue what I'm going to make for there.

WendyW

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2023, 04:53:09 AM »
WIPGO is something that  Jessie Marie Does Stuff does on Facebook and YouTube.  You make a 5X5 grid and number the squares and put your unfinished projects on it.  Every month, Jessie Marie draws two numbers and you work on these during the month. 

I tracked down her video that explains this and I think I will give it a go. I joined her FB group to track what number she calls. Now I'm gonna have to get creative to make a cute board. Off to make a list...

Maybe we can get enough people on board with this to keep a thread going, all of us not just Darksiders.