The Sewing Place

Resurgence of the Darkside 2023

Sheilago

Re: Resurgence of the Darkside 2023
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2023, 09:01:11 AM »
Thank you all. I’m now wondering what next. I occasionally make pieced whale blocks as a friend wants a whale quilt for a ( very in the ) future grandchild. I find them quite fiddly, so they tend to be on the back burner,  but as there are no other babies expected that I’d gift a quilt to, maybe I’ll get a few more of those done.

Lisalou1965

« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2023, 10:35:19 AM »
Hello to all!!! I am all for resurging, @Lowena last year was a really bad year and I am hoping that 2023 will be better for us. I did very little in the way of quilting last year - started one quilt for DD2 and I am in the process of quilting it now. I hope to finish it in a couple of weeks - it has been far too large a project - it is ginormous for me and my little machine. That said, i have learnt a great deal while doing it. After that, i want to start on a lap quilt for my dear mother in law. My father in law died last november and she is going to be moving into a smaller house, so I thought i would make her a lap quilt as a housewarming present. Still haven't decided on the pattern, although i know the colours i want to use...is that weird?
If you see me with a seam ripper, now is not a good time

Iminei

« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2023, 13:10:57 PM »
Not at all ... I assume you know what her favourite colours are !

Is she an old fashioned lady or more up to date, that might help with the design of the quilt.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Stitches

« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2023, 13:47:46 PM »
Quilt all finished
As cats are my oh favourite it’s for him as a lap quilt

Lowena

« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2023, 15:18:14 PM »
It's lovely...and even more so in real life  <3
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Bjay

« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2023, 16:19:55 PM »
I made a small lap type quilt for someone elderly.  I used a brush cotton sheet as the backing - so  soft.
I used a Disappearing 9 Patch pattern , it can look modern or not depending on the way the fabric is used.
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

William

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2023, 14:19:41 PM »
Great Work!

Love how You work with colour as well.

If we have another swap, i am in...
...it was a Hobbit hole, and that meant comfort.

Flobear

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2023, 16:12:36 PM »
That's fab @Stitches!   Those cats are very stylish :loveit:
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Lisalou1965

« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2023, 11:40:10 AM »
Not at all ... I assume you know what her favourite colours are !

Is she an old fashioned lady or more up to date, that might help with the design of the quilt.
She is very energetic and with it, I have looked at loads of patterns mostly old fashioned blocks, but I just haven’t found anything that says “this one”
If you see me with a seam ripper, now is not a good time