The Sewing Place

Weekly Sewing Club Tuesdays 2-4pm

SewRuthieSews

Weekly Sewing Club Tuesdays 2-4pm
« on: January 03, 2023, 13:42:25 PM »
Welcome to the Official Sewalong for The Sewing Place Weekly Sewing Club!
On a Tuesday afternoon, make time in your schedule to sew.
We'd love to see pictures of what you are working on.

I will normally join in as well but today I'm off to the dentist!

LeilaMay

Re: Weekly Sewing Club Tuesdays 2-4pm
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2023, 13:46:59 PM »
Oh - hello :)
The kettle is already on  :drink:
I am doing some repairs and alterations today. My fleece lined walking trousers have split the seam on the fleece lining and is no longer keeping my rear so warm, so hand stitching that back together. Moving some buttons on a cape to make it a better layer. And then looking again at a Neru-collared velvet coat that I really need to make v-necked for me to wear it - not sure what's going to happen there. (all this is so I don't have to knit the never-ending jumper . . .running out of displacement activities)

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2023, 13:49:32 PM »
Sounds good, but can't help on the knitting front!

I'm going to get my coverhem machine out, thread it up and hem the sleeves on my latest knit top.
Should be able to squeeze that in before we leave for dentist just before 3....
And thinking about sewing will help keep me calm

Celia

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2023, 14:01:48 PM »
Great I have to finish a fleece I started before Christmas it is only like a throw that goes over a chair but it sheds fibres like nothing I have seen and then I am going to try to start a bag.

Good to see you here @LeilaMay and @SewRuthieSews and thank you for setting this up  :loveit:

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2023, 14:07:16 PM »
Tidied up enough that I could open the cupboard to get the Coverstitch machine out.

good thing about this club is I don't have to pack up the machine and stuff to go to it

Sandra

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2023, 14:14:24 PM »
I'm enjoying doing nothing today as I'm trying to eke out as long a break from sewing as I can.

I expect work to arrive this afternoon from menswear and I've got a few small jobs from the Dry Cleaner so I'll be back at it in the morning.

I reckon I'll join you when I can on a Tuesday afternoon.  :)

Sandra.
xxx

Lowena

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2023, 14:20:30 PM »
Tuesday is normally a " going out day " chez Lowena ( OH loves a timetable) but while he is laid up, I'll join in. Today,however, I'll be mainly tidying my sewing room.....
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Sandra

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2023, 15:26:43 PM »
I've just done sewing-related online searching for zips in brown and grey.

I always seem to have trouble finding good shades of grey. The dark grey from Jaycott's is a bluey colour but I think I've just found some better colours on Ribbonmoon.
I'm also a bit low on dark browns so I've ordered some of those too.

Gutermann threads are a good price on Ribbonmoon at £1.58 instead of £1.79 on Jaycott's.  :thumb:

Sandra.
xxx

mudcat

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2023, 15:36:12 PM »
I like this idea and will participate next month when my new sewing room is all setup.

LeilaMay

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2023, 15:57:18 PM »
Okay - trousers repaired, buttons and poppers sewn on cape. Green velvet knee-length coat still under consideration. . .

Helen M

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2023, 15:57:38 PM »
I've been having an 'office' day with accounts etc so haven't done any sewing BUT I have washed an offcut of some knit fabric from a top I made a few years ago, 8 years perhaps and I put it out last autumn. I know I didn't pre wash it as it shrank a little bit on first wash, I have enough to make a mock polo neck 'neck warmer' so didn't want that to shrink as well!
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 75

Celia

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2023, 16:28:44 PM »
Thank you all so much, I have finished the fleece throws, they took much longer than they should I ended up having to overlock all round each one and then hemming them as well.

This is the fabric, it’s the one with the dogs on, I bought it to make test sweatshirt pattern it was really cheap from Pound fabrics, when it arrived it was far too thick but beautiful quality, I didn’t know what to do with it so ended up not doing anything until now.

I have made 2 cover for the office style chairs and two throws to go over the back on chairs I don’t want my cat sitting on.

I am now busy thinking of what to do next.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2023, 16:56:57 PM »
Today i have managed to make the handles and one of the interior dividers for the By Annie Catch all Caddy.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Acorn

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2023, 18:40:25 PM »
I've been out, but I did buy three bargain books - one crochet and two knitting (grand total of £6.60) which must count a little bit!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2023, 20:36:07 PM »
I managed to finish off my knit top (started another time) after I came back from the non dentist appointment (somehow got the wrong day).
Hmm what shall I do next week?