The Sewing Place

Weekly Sewing Club Tuesdays 2-4pm

Renegade Sewist

Re: Weekly Sewing Club Tuesdays 2-4pm
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2023, 18:40:06 PM »
@Diane and @b15erk by posting here you just "joined". Welcome to the club!  ;)  :laughing:

Like Ruthie said, Tuesday and Wednesday are both a go, show up to either or both. Peeps try to show up during the designated 2-4 pm but hey, you do you. If you're on a different continent do your own time, UK time, or I suppose just sew on one of those days and check in here.

It's all about finding motivation.  :flower:
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Ouryve

« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2023, 19:02:51 PM »
No sewing, again, today but I did start some frogging at 4pm!
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Celia

« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2023, 19:55:13 PM »
I am afraid I didn’t get around to sewing this afternoon as I had to sort out something for the people I used to work for and it was very cold upstairs….. I will try to join in tomorrow.

realale

« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2023, 20:02:10 PM »
I forgot all about it!! I was going to sew but found a channel showing Project Runway and spent the afternoon safely ensconced in the warm watching sewing rather than doing sewing!!
In one episode one of the contestants managed to machine sew through his finger!! His pain was palpable. It was just before one of their runway shows and he was trying to refuse to go to hospital but they carted him off anyway.
So many beers, so little time.

Flobear

« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2023, 22:10:41 PM »
I forgot too but actually I was out anyway!
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2023, 03:08:59 AM »
Today's the day! Don't forget!  If you're too busy you can come and play on Wednesday.   :sew:

PollyWally

« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2023, 04:50:38 AM »
@Renegade Sewist  It is already Tuesday afternoon here and I am hemming up the last two of my six curtains. One done and one to go , just stopping for a coffee break. Fortunately the size is not too unmanageable unlike the 120 inch curtains that @Sandra is tackling.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2023, 05:23:23 AM »
That's excellent @PollyWally . That 2-4 UK time is 6-8 am for me. I'll be getting ready to take the cat for a check up, vaccines and much needed nail trim. Truly Murder Mittens on this one.

Later I want to pick out the fabric for some slippers. McCall's 6715. They're very Bohemian, using multiple fabric remnants or small pieces, cute trims and ribbon and suede soles. I've wanted to make them for ages. Something sweet for when I get to lounge about.

Celia

« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2023, 09:09:58 AM »
I am here and will try to make the other oven glove at least this afternoon :loveit:

b15erk

« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2023, 09:56:01 AM »
I'm hoping to be here, but I do havesome paperwork and a Stupermarket shop to do first.

I'm planning to cut out either another Sweater dress, or a coat.  Decisions, decisions... :thinking:

Hopefully I'll see you all later!  :bye:

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Flobear

« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2023, 10:00:48 AM »
Oven glove/s for me too. I spent all last Wed. club tidying things!!
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2023, 10:12:00 AM »
I'm hoping to work some more on my zip fly trousers, they need a waistband now!

Ouryve

« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2023, 13:16:10 PM »
Cutting out a sweatshirt, this afternoon. It's annoying me, already as the fabric is slightly skewed and refusing to budge.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Ploshkin

« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2023, 13:21:40 PM »
I fully intend to be in my sewing room this afternoon even if I'm not doing anything!  I'm sending some heat up to the radiator while I'm drinking my tea.
Life's too short for ironing.

Kad

« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2023, 13:39:36 PM »
My wash bag is finished so this afternoon I'll be scaling down my pattern ( literally a few jottings on a scrap of paper) for a makeup bag. I'm pleased with the wash bag, no unexpected problems with my doodlings so the smaller bag should be a quicker project :fingerscrossed:
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.