The Sewing Place

Weekly Sewing Club Tuesdays 2-4pm

Acorn

Re: Weekly Sewing Club Tuesdays 2-4pm
« Reply #705 on: February 20, 2024, 14:57:07 PM »
I have cleared the dining table and Mr Acorn has brought my main machine downstairs.  I'm all set to get started, but haven't done yet...
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Celia

« Reply #706 on: February 20, 2024, 15:04:40 PM »
I am here too, I am sewing some of my scraps together……what it turns into we will see

Good to see you here @Silver Rose

Ouryve

« Reply #707 on: February 20, 2024, 15:06:55 PM »
I like the idea of coordinating trousers and dressing gown, @Silver Rose - style and comfort :)

I've finished the waistband of my jeans, arguing with my machine and the pins in the process and I'm now grappling with the belt loops. Hems will have to wait as I'm the grown up in charge of both boys and Youngest is in a button pushing mood.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Bjay

« Reply #708 on: February 20, 2024, 16:11:40 PM »
Ive tidied the SR, put away the scraps Iam not going to use, printed out a scrappy pattern but have also decided not to use it. Back to the first idea which is a pattern @fajita  printed out for me ages ago.

Ready for new to me sewing machine and to start cutting or maybe I should do more mini blocks for he trellis quilt.

Still, whatever, mojo has returned and I'm raring to go whatever I'll do :laughing:
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

Sheilago

« Reply #709 on: February 20, 2024, 16:26:17 PM »
I did 3 more string blocks for my scrappy quilt, before I went out to visit an old friend.  :D
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 18:47:33 PM by Sheilago »

Celia

« Reply #710 on: February 20, 2024, 17:41:29 PM »
More little patches sewn together so progress is being made

twopence

« Reply #711 on: February 20, 2024, 18:42:29 PM »
I managed to get about three quarters of the way through making the second puzzle block 5.

Silver Rose

« Reply #712 on: February 27, 2024, 16:09:50 PM »
Good afternoon, anybody in?  A little progress this afternoon, I put the zip in the linen trousers and tacked the bias binding to the edge of the waist facing, pinned the leg seams before tacking them tomorrow and checking the fit.  My body shape has changed a little since the last time I sewed in August or September last year.
Still learning

Ouryve

« Reply #713 on: February 27, 2024, 16:10:08 PM »
Have I been here alone? Finished my Mile End Sweatshirt, th this morning, and I have been cutting out my portland tote, this afternoon. Complicated slightly by the measurements being olde worlde and most of my measuring tools being metric, apart from my steel rulers  :laugh:
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Bjay

« Reply #714 on: February 27, 2024, 16:22:43 PM »
Just done my 2 hrs in the sewing club.
Changed design again - its the fabric patterns    .
I've just begun to trim into 21/2 ins  squares. I have quite a few left from the original quilt construction but will need more . I'm not purchasing anything extra so will be well patched.
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

Flobear

« Reply #715 on: February 27, 2024, 16:30:53 PM »
I was with you all in spirit but was getting on with my oh-so-slow painting task. Both sides of the 'easy' door now done. The 'difficult' one has 15 small panes of glass to paint round  :faints:
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Ploshkin

« Reply #716 on: February 27, 2024, 16:48:16 PM »
Oh, I've been in my sewing room since about 3.00.  I've machined the binding on to the first third of my wall hanging and trimmed the batting and backing so that I can fold and stitch the binding, which I will do by hand.
Life's too short for ironing.

Elnnina

« Reply #717 on: February 27, 2024, 17:19:40 PM »
I was here as well, did a little hand sewing, removed some tacking, and then ironed some pattern pieces ready for the next stage.  About to overlock some fabric prior to washing.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #718 on: February 27, 2024, 17:40:27 PM »
I was here too. I've made up my 4 patches for the mystery scrappy quilt and pressed all 72 of them

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #719 on: February 27, 2024, 18:29:35 PM »
I had a couple of things to do first.  Then I spent some time looking at buttons online.  I’d been through my box of buttons but had nothing that will work for my coat.  And I couldn’t find anything online either.  Probably too picky. 
Spent the rest of the afternoon knitting.