The Sewing Place

Weekly Sewing Club Wednesdays 2-4pm

SewRuthieSews

Weekly Sewing Club Wednesdays 2-4pm
« on: January 04, 2023, 13:12:43 PM »
Welcome to the Official Sewalong for The Sewing Place's 2nd Weekly Sewing Club!
On a Wednesday afternoon, make time in your schedule to sew.
We'd love to see pictures of what you are working on.

SewRuthieSews

Re: Weekly Sewing Club Wednesdays 2-4pm
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 13:16:27 PM »
If I get chance I'll join in this afternoon, but for the moment I'm prepping up the voting thread for the Festive Fun contest.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2023, 13:30:19 PM »
I will be watching Rishi this afternoon making some stupid comments so think I will wait till next week to join in. 

Lowena

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2023, 13:46:23 PM »
I'm here, but this afternoon has been earmarked for sorting,tidying and cleaning the sewing room. I haven't done any sewing in there since July  :faints: but I'm full of ideas for 2023 and should be full on ready by next Wednesday.
Having a firm commitment will make me knuckle down to it........first photo next week.
Triumph of hope over experience :D

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2023, 14:20:23 PM »
I've sorted the Voting for Festive Fun, amazing entries, think I need tea and biscuits next!

Voting is now open for the Festive Fun contest
You have 2 days and 3 votes, I know its Mission Impossible, but you can do it!
Click here to Vote

realale

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2023, 14:37:17 PM »
I'm here!!
I've been embroidering a card for my granddaughter's birthday. I copied a picture, digitised it, sewed it out and have decided I don't like it!! I'm now doing another one  :S
Meeting friends at three so this is only a quick pop in.
@Lowena, I'm doing a lot of tidying in my sewing space as well. Strange how quickly it gets untidy!!  0_0
So many beers, so little time.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2023, 15:32:38 PM »
I've been out in the garage whilst its still light "shopping my stash". Picked out a couple of black and white jersey prints, thinking to make knit tops with green accents. I might even try out a different style knit top.

LeilaMay

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2023, 15:37:48 PM »
Been a bit disrupted here, bit of a computer issue with something, and also a short walk on Walton Hill in the sunny bit between showers.
I've stared some more at the velvet short coat and think I know what I might do, but will leave it until next week. Now I'm knitting whilst watching a computer programme try and sort out my issue  . . . . .

BrendaP

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2023, 23:56:35 PM »
I will try to get myself more organised and set Wednesday afternoons aside for sewing.  Starting next week.

Actually that's a fib already because I'll be out until three-ish,  :headbang:  but it's a one-off meeting arranged just yesterday so should be able to do most weeks. :vintage: :sew: :thread:
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Celia

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2023, 09:50:45 AM »
I did hope to join in with Wednesday too but it didn’t happen……I think I will stick to Tuesdays, I am out 2 Wednesdays a month but I might try to pop in some weeks.

Starryfish

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2023, 10:36:08 AM »
I will try Wednesdays, as we have a village sewing group on Tuesdays. If I'm not going out I like to sew in the afternoon.
A day without sewing is a day wasted.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2023, 13:35:54 PM »
Nearly time for the Wednesday sewing club, look forward to seeing you there :-)

Lowena

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2023, 14:14:00 PM »
I've sewn a button on OHs shirt
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Sandra

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2023, 14:42:44 PM »
I've had a couple of long phone conversations with my son and my best friend so I'm a bit late getting here this afternoon.

I've done my menswear work  :angel: and I've sorted out the fabrics needed to make another Funny Face block.

I was torn between using this blue or a yellow but I think I just about preferred the blue.

Sandra.
xxx

Ouryve

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2023, 14:47:47 PM »
I'm looking forward to this one, @Sandra.

Ive had 5 minutes sitting down after shoving the cake (carrot tray bake) into the oven and emptying the dryer and now really need to get off my bum, again.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"