The Sewing Place

Weekly Sewing Club Wednesdays 2-4pm

Helen M

Re: Weekly Sewing Club Wednesdays 2-4pm
« Reply #750 on: February 28, 2024, 17:30:10 PM »
Started to sew up my previously cut out black ponte SA Palazzo pants. The days are getting longer so easier to sew for a bit longer!

I said these would probably be the last pair of these I make for a while but depending on how this fabric works out (different supplier from the previous ones), I may order some camel as I think they would be good for spring into a coolish summer.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 75

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #751 on: February 28, 2024, 17:51:27 PM »
Very late to this thread @Sheilago I love your How Joyful Bear. You inspired me!
I have printed the pattern out added 1/4" seam allowances and put it in a plastic sleeve.

Today I tidied up the sewing room and mused a bit about multiple possible and partially complete projects.

realale

« Reply #752 on: February 28, 2024, 18:58:47 PM »
No sewing for me, I went to the pub for some sea shanty singing. I wanted to finish my top today but hey ho (and up she rises!!  :laughing: )
So many beers, so little time.

Bill

« Reply #753 on: March 01, 2024, 11:43:08 AM »

So tomorrow I will attempt to set up and experiment with new machine (Bertha). Not been used (experimented with) yet. May need advice ?

These were quite handy for me when learning how to use the B77.

When using the lettering, before you choose your first letter, press the + sign at the bottom of the screen or the machine will stitch the same letter over and over again. Press the + sign again when you're finished your word otherwise when you choose your next stitch, that word will be stitched out again.
Took me ages to figure that out.
Bernina 570QE (Bernie)     1937 Singer 201k (sally)
The best advice I can give you, is don't take advice from me
Don't follow me, I do stupid things

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #754 on: March 06, 2024, 14:21:29 PM »
Anyone in the Wednesday sewing club?
My bear is mostly stuffed, but needs some eyes

Silver Rose

« Reply #755 on: March 06, 2024, 14:21:54 PM »
Good afternoon, just a quick visit here today to finish the hems of the linen trousers then I am off for a natter with a neighbour. I have been busy this morning so I need a  change of scene and a walk round the block. Happy sewing everyone.
Still learning

Ouryve

« Reply #756 on: March 06, 2024, 14:28:28 PM »
I have been working on my bag, this afternoon, though have just taken a break to wash my hair. I shall get back to the cloth face, shortly.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

coffeeandcake

« Reply #757 on: March 06, 2024, 14:56:20 PM »
I've overlocked and laundered some fabrics that arrived from Lamazi and Guthrie & Ghani. They're outside freezing hanging on the line. Now I'm unpicking part of a cuff because I managed to fold part of a continuous lap back on itself where it didn't need to be. Then on to buttonholes.

Lowena

« Reply #758 on: March 06, 2024, 15:18:26 PM »
Yes, I've been working on my quilt
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Bjay

« Reply #759 on: March 06, 2024, 16:17:58 PM »
Yes I've been here as well.  Sewing 2 1/2 ins squares into larger 4x4 squares.

This is another design. No idea what it will turn out like.

Still the 4x4 blocks look OK. I'll plod on with them and perhaps I'll have a eureka moment. Who knows!
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #760 on: March 06, 2024, 16:32:20 PM »
Bear now has more stuffing and is sewn up, plus has eyes and a bow. Feels like he needs a little waistcoat as well

Flobear

« Reply #761 on: March 06, 2024, 16:37:33 PM »
I've been in my SR sorting out knitting stuff and pruning my knitting needle collection. It was lovely in there as the afternoon sun shines in the side window then progresses round to the end window. Being a small room it warms up nicely.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #762 on: March 06, 2024, 17:46:32 PM »
No sewing for me.  I just got into my room and tidied a few bits away then DH came in and said we ought to go to mum's and try and sort her internet out……again!   :(  Got back gone 5. 

Elnnina

« Reply #763 on: March 06, 2024, 17:58:17 PM »
I have been here as well, now have both overlockers sitting on my cabinet top, now I need to get the box out  containing the conversion of the larger overlocker to coverstitch mode, and of course get the instruction book out.  I have more threads out than I would like, and a pile of knit fabrics just waiting to be experimented with.   I also managed to overlock the cut ends of the lovely soft melange jacquard fabric that I bought recently from Pound Fabrics, really to protect this as it is so fine when it goes in the washing machine.  Think I am going to enjoy the next few days in the sewing room.

Ouryve

« Reply #764 on: March 06, 2024, 18:21:54 PM »
I reckon you're going to have a lot of fun, @Elnnina. There is a lot of satisfaction in doing something a bit new and different with the skills you have and a lot of knit garments are relatively quick to make.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"