The Sewing Place

Weekly Sewing Club Wednesdays 2-4pm

realale

Re: Weekly Sewing Club Wednesdays 2-4pm
« Reply #825 on: April 10, 2024, 17:46:46 PM »
I did my stint this morning as I was shanty singing this afternoon. I disassembled and reassembled part of my jeans as i wasn't happy with the fit. Feels better now but still a tad roomy.
So many beers, so little time.

twopence

« Reply #826 on: April 10, 2024, 21:54:53 PM »
Having cut out my top this morning using my electric scissors I went into my sewing room to set my overlocker back to 4 thread from rolled hem.  It took several goes as there is one hook a looper has to go through that I just couldn't see.  I eventually found it but by then it was lunchtime and OH was back from doing the PAT testing all wet. 

This afternoon I started sewing and now just have the hems to do and it's finished.  The length is too long despite shortening the pattern so i'll probably cut a couple more inches off when hemming it tomorrow.  The sleeves are fine.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #827 on: April 17, 2024, 11:45:49 AM »
I can't join you at Wednesday sewing club this afternoon, but hope those who can have a nice natter!

realale

« Reply #828 on: April 17, 2024, 11:50:32 AM »
I won't be here today either. I'm at hairdressers and then meeting friends. Have a good sew 😁
So many beers, so little time.

Elnnina

« Reply #829 on: April 17, 2024, 12:27:11 PM »
I am here already as I am determined to finish these mattress covers, what seemed to be a simple job has taken a lot longer than I wanted it to, but it will be worth it in the end.  The machines will certainly need a good clean out when I have finished and some nice new needles and a good drink of oil.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #830 on: April 17, 2024, 12:36:38 PM »
I might get there.  ::thinks::

Sheilago

« Reply #831 on: April 17, 2024, 12:45:22 PM »
Won’t be sewing today as I’m meeting a friend. Don’t have much on the go anyway, though I need to shorten a t-shirt and I’m not sure about sewing stretchy fabric  ::thinks::

Silver Rose

« Reply #832 on: April 17, 2024, 13:14:39 PM »
No sewing going on at the moment, quizzing this afternoon, maybe next week.
Still learning

Morgan

« Reply #833 on: April 17, 2024, 13:17:13 PM »
Clearing and cleaning the bombsite aka the workroom. 
Incomprehensible how it gets itself into such a state
No, no, no  you don't get shame pics. 

Hope to amend and true a pattern later though. 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 13:18:45 PM by Morgan »

fajita

« Reply #834 on: April 17, 2024, 13:19:51 PM »
I’ve cut out pieces for my next stegosaurus, but play has been interrupted because baby grandchild cuddles are more appealing.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #835 on: April 17, 2024, 13:45:00 PM »
@Morgan because we have a choice of sewing or clearing up.  Sewing always comes first.  And when there is a project on the go it’s amazing how messy our sewing rooms get.  I sometimes pop my head round the door and have a look when I’ve tidied and cleaned mine.  Just to remind myself what it can look like before I wreck it.    :)

Ouryve

« Reply #836 on: April 17, 2024, 15:12:44 PM »
No. Sewing for me, today. Just back from a trip out with Eldest and not even had lunch, yet.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

TangledBloke

« Reply #837 on: April 17, 2024, 15:53:04 PM »
I started doing the first wedge (dart?) on the waistband of a pair of chinos. I cut the wedge twice, as I didn't leave enough excess to fold back on the first one. I pinned it and tacked it to one side, then halfway through stitching proper, I realised I had threaded the needle with regular sewing thread, instead of the jeans thread I'd bought for the job.

:angry:

So I ended up (almost) stitching again down that same line with the same thread. I left the general purpose thread in, and offset the jeans thread to it very slightly. After that, I pinned the wedge in place to do the other side, but my eyes got tired, and stomach started growling, so I broke off for a while. As I sat there eating a Cumberland sausage and fried egg butty, I decided food like this is worth having to let a waistband out a bit...

I might pick it back up again later, even if it's only to run a tack line through. I would like to try to get one side complete though, if my eyes are up to the task.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #838 on: April 17, 2024, 15:53:58 PM »
Just sneaking in before I leave my sewing room for the dog grooming table. 
Bag making again, but have now come to a halt as despite having three boxes of embroidery threads, I don't have a burgundy.  Hopefully Jaycotts do their normal speedy service.  In fact, just looked, ordered at 15:06 and despatched at 15:38.
A pic of the mess I work in...

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Bjay

« Reply #839 on: April 17, 2024, 16:43:40 PM »
A bit thin in the SR's today. I've been up there getting nowhere fast.
Think I've done it now but will look tomorrow with fresh eyes 
 -<
Trying to find my way on the Dark side