The Sewing Place

WANTED: Something translated from Japanese to English

Kitten

WANTED: Something translated from Japanese to English
« on: January 23, 2023, 18:41:29 PM »
Mods, if this is not allowed please remove.
I've bought something which has come with instructions just in Japanese.
I've tried to find them in English on the web with no luck.
Would anyone on here be able to translate the 2 page leaftlet for me?  I'm happy to pay for it.

Thanks.

Diane

Re: WANTED: Something translated from Japanese to English
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2023, 18:57:53 PM »
@Kitten You can get an app if you have a smartphone that translates it for you just by photographing it.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 19:00:42 PM by Diane »
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Iminei

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2023, 19:42:17 PM »
Totally allowed @KitKat  ... Hopefully someone can help if Google translate cant.

I have a couple of books for accessories and such written in Japanese but they have good diagrams and numbers/measurements in English (I think/hope/believe)
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Mr Twingo

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2023, 19:48:00 PM »
There are several apps that will do this for you. Microsoft Translator has good reviews, and will translate text in a photo. There's also Google Lens. Both apps are available for Android and iOS.

Kitten

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2023, 20:05:27 PM »
Thanks for the replies.
I’ll look for the app that will translate from a photo. I really didn’t want to try and type it out in Google.

Ouryve

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2023, 20:51:59 PM »
You don't need to type it out. If you have an android phone, take a photo, open the photo and you should see a lens button at the bottom of your screen.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2023, 09:07:27 AM »
If you can’t make sense of the online translator, I can ask my Japanese daughter-in-law to help.

Kitten

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2023, 19:11:45 PM »
Thanks for all your help, you really are a great bunch of people.
I've now managed to get it done, photo first, saved, uploaded to an online translator then printed!

@Ouryve I found out that iPhones will translate a photo too - who knew.  It goes back to original if I turn the phone though.

Thanks again.

Ouryve

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2023, 19:29:05 PM »
Take a screen shot, if it allows you to, @Kitten
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"