The Sewing Place

I found out about twiddle muffs today

HenriettaMaria

I found out about twiddle muffs today
« on: January 24, 2023, 13:02:14 PM »
I went on my mother's local FB page this morning and someone posted an offer for twiddle muffs.  No, me neither, so I turned to Google and there they were.  Looks like a sweet way of using up odds and ends of yarn for your local care home/elderly relative.

Bumblebuncher

Re: I found out about twiddle muffs today
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 14:07:30 PM »
Oh we had them at work but I never knew what they were called and I like it :D
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Kenora

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2023, 14:39:14 PM »
@HenriettaMaria - quite a few members of my charity forum make twiddle muffs, but they can also be sewn ones. Whichever way they're made they are a very good way of using up leftover scraps of fabric or small amounts of yarn.  :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

datcat23

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2023, 20:38:28 PM »
My brain went there ..... badly.    :devil:
The barefoot seamstress:  smelling vaguely of lavender and mothballs, and desperately craving chocolate.
2024:  Mending:  2  | Fabric used:  6m | Items made:  2  |  Quilts:      |  Fabric destashed:  25m

Lachica

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2023, 21:01:36 PM »
Mine too @datcat23  :S
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Ouryve

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2023, 22:08:09 PM »
Finally someone admitted it, @datcat23
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

HenriettaMaria

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2023, 13:53:10 PM »
@datcat23  Time to reclaim the vocabulary from the p0rn industry!  See also: animals which build dams in rivers, diminutive cats, female dogs, gardening implements for weeding while standing up  :devil:

Sheilago

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2023, 11:31:01 AM »
I heard about them when caring for my mother in law a few years ago. She had dementia- I made her a fidget quilt, which she loved. They are a similar idea: quilts where each block has something to look at or fidget with. I wonder if I have a photo of it somewhere. :thinking: