The Sewing Place

Lidl sewing event starts 19 Feb

HenriettaMaria

Lidl sewing event starts 19 Feb
« on: February 11, 2023, 12:36:15 PM »
Some potentially useful things, including sets of threads (500m polyester) that could be handy in overlocking, storage boxes, a cordless iron and a daylight lamp.

Surest1tch

Re: Lidl sewing event starts 19 Feb
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2023, 19:24:07 PM »
@HenriettaMaria, I don't usually knock Lidl's stuff as it's usually pretty good but I'd steer clear of the thread if your thinking of buying some, it's absolute rubbish. The stuff I got frayed a lot going through the needle eyes, it snapped if I  put my foot down, need I say more?
I'm quite keen on changing my needles and only use the Grolsh brand so I know it wasn't dodgy needles.

HenriettaMaria

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2023, 10:15:31 AM »
I've got quite a bit of their overlocker thread and never had problems with it.  I don't use it in the needles, though.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2023, 10:18:43 AM »
I've used the overlocker thread in my overlocker (loopers and needles) without any issues

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2023, 11:47:32 AM »
I have used the overlocker thread too, in fact I am going up there on Sunday and hoping I can grab some as I am getting low on it.  Lidl opened up the road from me just over a week ago, so I call that excellent timing  :D
OH asked if we should walk or take the car, I informed him you never know what I will be coming home with so best that we take the car just in case  :laughing:
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Puzzler

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2023, 15:03:09 PM »
I have one of their lamps which is pretty good. It’s sits next to my sewing machine.

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2023, 15:07:52 PM »
I have one of their lamps which is pretty good. It’s sits next to my sewing machine.
I may have a look at them!
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."