The Sewing Place

The red dress project.

Ouryve

The red dress project.
« on: February 17, 2023, 16:32:29 PM »
I'd never come across this, before, until it was mentioned in a Raggy Robin email. Absolutely stunning.
https://reddressembroidery.com/
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Gernella

Re: The red dress project.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2023, 16:45:51 PM »
Amazing.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Ouryve

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2023, 16:52:13 PM »
It's on display very near me, too. I shall have to venture over there, after half term.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2023, 18:57:44 PM »
Oooooh it is finished  :D I remember reading about that last year!
It is stunningly beautiful isn't it.
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Surest1tch

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2023, 12:56:42 PM »
I'm left totally speechless.

Nevis5

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2023, 07:58:38 AM »
I saw it at the Fashion and Textile Museum last year.  It was unbelievable.  I couldn't get very close to it as there were so many people there but it was incredible.  Definitely worth seeing if you get a chance x

Ouryve

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2023, 17:05:46 PM »
I appear to have confused the hamsters keeping this place going by trying to post a photo that was too big. Anyhow, having seen it up close (and it wasn't too busy to get up close) I can say that it is an amazing piece of work. Eldest was impressed, too but the photo he sent me is the one that is too big!

Ouryve

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2023, 17:10:57 PM »
A few excerpts!

Silver Rose

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2023, 17:16:52 PM »
Just fabulous   <3
Still learning

Nevis5

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2023, 08:33:54 AM »
Stunning, isn't it?   :loveit: :loveit:

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2023, 17:14:14 PM »
Fabulous work.

classical retro

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2023, 14:19:21 PM »
I took a whim to visit the exhibition.  It is really worth seeing in person especially the venue. As well as a venue for exhibitions, there is a fabulous park with playground, climby things for children and loads of space to run around.  I was sorely tempted.

The dress will be back in the UK later this year, Bristol in May.

Tyntesfield National Trust, Bristol, UK   https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/tyntesfield

And if you can wait that long, Somerset 2024. https://www.acearts.co.uk/

CR :angel:

Ouryve

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2023, 14:35:59 PM »
It is a lovely museum and park. I hadn't been there before but Eldest used to regularly visit with school. The tickets last a year do we will definitely be returning for the comic book exhibition and the gardens, in the Spring.

There was a big wedding party there when we were leaving.