The Sewing Place

Honeybourne Dress (Ahead of the Curve)

annieeg

Honeybourne Dress (Ahead of the Curve)
« on: March 04, 2023, 11:54:10 AM »
Hi,
I promised @Elnnina that I would post a picture of the Honeybourne dress from Ahead of the Curve (Jenny Rushmore book).  I'm sorry its a bit blurry (my hands shake) but I think you can see the general shape. 
Its a nice fitted top with gathered skirt.  I substantially reduced the gathering from the pattern because the skirt was too full for my taste, and I made it in viscose (Immanuels, by way of a change ;)).  It drapes well and is comfortable to wear.  I like the fit, if only because its a change from too much volume.
I'm pleased with this and will make it again.
Apologies again for the poor quality of the photo but hopefully its better than nothing... :[
Annie  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Greybird

Re: Honeybourne Dress (Ahead of the Curve)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2023, 11:58:26 AM »
Very nice - lovely colour!

Elnnina

Re: Honeybourne Dress (Ahead of the Curve)
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2023, 12:31:32 PM »
Thanks annieeg for posting that photo, it does look like a nice shape to the dress.  Needless to say I haven't done anything more with that book and the patterns, as other things rather got in the way and even now my time sewing is quite limited as I have my daughter's house and contents to sort out and believe me that is in quite a mess.  However I hope I shall get around to delving into this book and the patterns later this year.  In the meantime enjoy wearing your dress - it looks like a lovely pattern and the colour and design of the fabric looks nice too.