The Sewing Place

Creative Makers Supply Case

sewmuchmore

Creative Makers Supply Case
« on: March 08, 2023, 17:58:58 PM »
Another project that has seemed to take a while to complete. First i thought i could get away with using a "normal" zip that i already had, but not to be. It was just too narrow. Every where seemed to have sold out of bag zips but eventually managed to find one.
Then i miss read the instructions, too many p's, you use Pellon flex foam, Pellon shape flex and Peltex. I read cut the Pellon 1 inch smaller than the fabric, it was cut the Peltex 1 inch smaller. By the time i realised i had cut the foam and didn't have any left to recut.
Ordered some more from a shop 9 miles down the road and it eventually arrived today, 8 days after ordering. It had travelled to Manchester and then Leicester before coming back to Wakefield.
Anyway it is now done and crochet hooks safely stored. I did hack the pattern a bit, added a few extra pockets and a zipped section and used fabric to create the hook pouches. So nothing like the one on the website here 
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Silver Rose

Re: Creative Makers Supply Case
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023, 18:12:25 PM »
Really nice and useful too  :thumb:  cute fabric.
Still learning

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2023, 19:55:35 PM »
Nice. You certainly did hack the original.

But, but, but what are the critters off to the right?  One looks like he's getting his eye poked.  :(
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2023, 20:37:33 PM »
Looks a nice neat case

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2023, 21:06:05 PM »
 :loveit:
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

William

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2023, 12:01:43 PM »
I like your case better than the one on the  web site. Well done. Where did you get that zipper - very smart!
...it was a Hobbit hole, and that meant comfort.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2023, 18:11:23 PM »
@Renegade Sewist oops, that's my wool needle that seems to have slipped.
@William the zip is from Oh sew sweet, a shop near me, it's a By Annie zip which you can find all over the place.

Janet

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2023, 05:35:07 AM »
@Renegade Sewist oops, that's my wool needle that seems to have slipped.
@William the zip is from Oh sew sweet, a shop near me, it's a By Annie zip which you can find all over the place.

But what are the cute heads? Some sort of needle cover? Pencil caps?
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2023, 09:24:28 AM »
They came free with a crocheting mag, they are supposed to go on the end of your crochet hook but they just annoyed me so i have put one on top of a pencil and one over the points of my scissors.

Janet

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2023, 10:49:52 AM »
They came free with a crocheting mag, they are supposed to go on the end of your crochet hook but they just annoyed me so i have put one on top of a pencil and one over the points of my scissors.
But wouldn't that alter the weight of the hook and make it awkward to use? Now wonder they annoyed you!
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."