The Sewing Place

12mm silver eyelets

Diane

12mm silver eyelets
« on: March 25, 2023, 17:49:04 PM »
Can any of you lovely peeps recommend where to purchase some 12mm silver eyelets, including the tool to fix them. This is the only item i forgot to buy for my next bag project. I've looked on amazon but some of the reviews don't encourage me to buy them. Also are the eyelet pliers better or the die punch set?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 17:56:23 PM by Diane »
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Bumblebuncher

Re: 12mm silver eyelets
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2023, 18:21:57 PM »
I always bought that kind of thing from https://www.venacavadesign.co.uk/
Never had any issues with them.
The die punch set is easier to use for positioning in the right place.  Sometimes the pliers obscure where you are punching the hole, but if you mark the area properly it is not a problem.  However, I find the pliers are easier all round as it is just squeezing together and less likely to shift in mid cut.
I think it is just a case of what you prefer with them.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 22:09:34 PM by Bumblebuncher »
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

realale

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2023, 22:46:26 PM »
Since using my pliers I haven't gone back to the hammer & bash way. It's much easier and neater this way. I can't remember where I got my eyelets from, I got a big pack and they've lasted!! I got the stuff for son's coat off a steampunk site as they had the best offers. Cant remember their name though!!  :thinking:
So many beers, so little time.

Diane

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2023, 03:04:25 AM »
Thanks @Bumblebuncher @realale when i get back from work I’ll have a look for a kit with the pliers  :thumb:
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40