The Sewing Place

Spencer Ogg Compact Accordion Wallet

Kad

Spencer Ogg Compact Accordion Wallet
« on: March 30, 2023, 14:29:31 PM »
I have made this pattern up this morning, I'd heard lots of good things about Spencer Ogg patterns so I thought that it'd be worth trying it out. Turns out to be a pretty, useful size of purse BUT the way that the gussets are constructed  :boohoo: so much faffing around making 4 shaped gusset pieces when the same can be achieved so much more simply. It's done, it's pretty and will be used but never again!  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.

realale

Re: Spencer Ogg Compact Accordion Wallet
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 16:13:28 PM »
That looks a very neat sew. Well done  :perfect10:
  • Kad likes this
So many beers, so little time.

Lowena

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2023, 17:04:16 PM »
Looks really nice  :thumb:
  • Kad likes this
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2023, 17:31:37 PM »
Looks good @Kad.  I’ve made at least one.  But I agree about the gussets.  I think I might have changed the way I did them.  I’ve also made one of her bags too but I do find some of her methods a bit weird. 
  • Kad likes this

Kad

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2023, 17:38:21 PM »
@Ohsewsimple
Glad to know that I'm not the only one  :laugh:
She makes a lot of fuss about reducing the bulk from interfacings in seam allowances and then introduces so many seams when not necessary that I despaired. It'll make a nice quick gift with a different method for the gussets.
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.

Marniesews

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2023, 22:52:47 PM »
It's very cute indeed but all the miniature fiddling is precisely why I've still not made a purse.

Most of the patterns are just too big for me but I still want card slots and somewhere for receipts etc. I'm planning to try a Purse Pal which seems to come the closes to my list of demands. If I'm happy with it and it's as easy as it appears to be I might start making them to match each bag.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.