The Sewing Place

Possible Next new jumper

Celia

Possible Next new jumper
« on: March 31, 2023, 13:47:55 PM »
This is the next jumper I am thinking of knitting, https://www.garnstudio.com/pattern.php?id=8768&cid=19  just wondering if I am taking on more than I should but I have enjoyed knitting the last one even if it did take forever and got knitted twice.

I am thinking of doing the browny coloured one or something similar

LeilaMay

Re: Possible Next new jumper
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2023, 14:08:34 PM »
I think that's beautiful! The blue one for me I think :)

Ouryve

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2023, 14:16:06 PM »
It's lovely and makes me wish I could handle colourwork without getting flustered.

Blue for me, too - I have very cool toned colouring.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Diane

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2023, 14:28:04 PM »
@Celia I like that and it would look great in the different shades of brown  :thumb:
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2023, 14:49:12 PM »
Wow! That would take the patience of a Saint, which you obviously have because you actually finish knitting jumpers  :D
I reckon that brown would look beautiful
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

realale

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2023, 20:45:29 PM »
That is a beautiful jumper. Way beyond my skill set and ability but I applaud anyone who can make it.
So many beers, so little time.

BrendaP

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2023, 22:28:52 PM »
Go for it!

I sometimes look at patterns like that and get tempted but I know that I don't have the staying power to knit large areas of plain stocking stitch.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Ploshkin

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2023, 23:00:49 PM »
I really like the black / grey.
I used to love knitting that sort of pattern and would love to do one again but now I just can't bear wearing that type of neckline.  It makes me feel as if I'm being strangled.
Life's too short for ironing.

Celia

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2023, 09:15:43 AM »
Thank you all for the encouragement I went ahead and ordered the wool to see if I like the colours, if I don’t I have a friend who will take it so I am not risking much.

@Ploshkin i like the black too and would instinctively go for that usually but I am trying to wear a few different colours now.
@LeilaMay the one I have just finished is blue so that colour was out

I have recently made another jumper which is similar and actually if anything the neck is  the bit I am not sure of so I think I will probably alter this one a bit.  The neck is  quite low and I don’t think it could give you that choked feeling But I feel it is a bit insubstantial for a fairly heavy jumper.

I want to get it started as I know it won’t be a quick knit.

Nevis5

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2023, 09:18:35 AM »
I would LOVE to be able to knit something like that!  Alas, I am hopeless at knitting even with YouTube help.  Hey ho.  Good luck with it, @Celia  , it's beautiful x

Tamnymore

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2023, 09:22:43 AM »
Wow fantastic @Celia . That will be fantastic in any colour. I am in awe of your knitting skills. I can sew almost anything and am always full of plans (with accompanying UFOs  - ahem) but I've never got into knitting  - I need to start!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Cazlyn

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2023, 09:23:11 AM »
Lovely jumper @Celia
Crafting is my happy place

Vezelay

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2023, 20:43:11 PM »
That will be a triumph @Celia! My own colour choice would be what looks like burgundy and light teal but you'll pick the colour you love best. We're expecting great things...

Sheilago

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2023, 21:57:13 PM »
Lovely @Celia . I’m sure it’ll not be too much, if you’ve done one before.  I’m knitting this Drops fairisle cardigan for my granddaughter.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

https://www.garnstudio.com/pattern.php?id=5821&cid=19

Celia

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2023, 23:39:24 PM »
@Sheilago that looks lovely, I would knit a cardigan but I prefer to knit in the round and haven’t the confidence to steak the front.

I have just cast on the rib as this one is knitted from the bottom up unlike the last one I did, so I have the boring bit first.