The Sewing Place

Stylearc patterns

Sewcycle

Stylearc patterns
« on: April 04, 2023, 09:14:37 AM »
In case anyone is a fan, there are a lot of Stylearc paper patterns on EBay at the moment, multiples of each design so I think they must be over- runs, perhaps of older patterns. There are trousers,( jeans and Ethel pants, I think), lots of dresses and tops. They’re mainly multi size, and are priced from£5.99 to £12.99. Hope this is of use to a Stylearc fan.  :)

Edit: I should add that the postage is about £2.00 and there are large and small sizes. Sadly not in anything I wanted, which is the Ethel top but never mind.

Sorry 2nd Edit: if you can’t find them, the seller is Viktoriat76 and I used a search term “ Indy patterns” and used the lowest price selector, hope this helps.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325580978766 - the Ethel pants. I don’t know if this will come up if you click on it.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 10:01:07 AM by Sewcycle »
'Is there a life before breakfast'

Helen M

Re: Stylearc patterns
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2023, 09:35:01 AM »
Just had a look and the majority of them are being sold by Minerva. Prices not cheap either.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 75

Sewcycle

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2023, 09:42:50 AM »
Just had a look and the majority of them are being sold by Minerva. Prices not cheap either.

The seller I’m referring to is Viktoriat76 and the prices are from £5.99 to £12.99 for a set which I thought was cheap for Stylearc. They probably don’t come up at first as they are not a big merchant, these always get preference in the listings. I used the search “Indy patterns” in sewing instructions - crafts. Hope you can find them now.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 09:49:10 AM by Sewcycle »

Greybird

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2023, 09:45:13 AM »
@Sewcycle - there is an Ethel top there but it's £15.98. I'm wondering if Minerva haven't sold enough of the paper patterns and they're going to give up on them? There are an awful lot on there - I can't see that many being discontinued. If so it's a shame - I don't like PDF patterns at all.

Sewcycle

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2023, 09:55:37 AM »
@Sewcycle - there is an Ethel top there but it's £15.98. I'm wondering if Minerva haven't sold enough of the paper patterns and they're going to give up on them? There are an awful lot on there - I can't see that many being discontinued. If so it's a shame - I don't like PDF patterns at all.

Thanks @Greybird. Sorry if the information is garbled. I don’t post very often and forget how to do it. I’d have bought the Ethel top for about £6.99 but I can’t justify the huge price for it from Minerva. It is a simple top, and really I should be able to adapt one of my other patterns. I keep meaning to but - life is short. :D . The seller I’m referring to ( which seems to be difficult to find- I just stumbled on them) is Viktoriat76. There must be about 20 paper patterns there in various sizes. Once you’ve found one of them, I’d advise, just looking at the things for sale for the rest. I can’t understand why they’re not coming up. Maybe if you change the selector to lowest price, they will appear.

Sewcycle

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2023, 10:05:28 AM »

Sorry @Greybird. I really am awful at this… you can tell I don’t do it often. I thought you couldn’t find them either. I really like a few of the Stylearc designs. I hate taping together pdfs so I hope that paper patterns continue. The price of patterns nowerdays is putting it out of the reach of a lot of sewers. Especially young ones who can’t pay upwards of £12 for a pattern, never mind the ‘cooler’ Indy patterns which are so pricey. Also our C&H sewing shops have closed down in my area so everything has to be bought online. Thank goodness for my stash, and charity shop patterns.

Greybird

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2023, 10:15:06 AM »
@Sewcycle - don't worry! I have just bought one of the patterns from the seller you mentioned - so thank you! I do have some Style Arc patterns which I intend to put on here eventually but in the meantime, if you might be interested in a Vera or Kristi top or a Rona skirt I only want £5 + postage for them.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2023, 10:42:15 AM »
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 10:44:28 AM by SewRuthieSews »

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2023, 11:45:37 AM »
 :cry: sniff, sniff. I can't find a Style Arc Ethel in the US for anywhere near that price. The best print price is triple the price here. Sniff.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Sewcycle

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2023, 12:04:54 PM »
@Sewcycle - don't worry! I have just bought one of the patterns from the seller you mentioned - so thank you! I do have some Style Arc patterns which I intend to put on here eventually but in the meantime, if you might be interested in a Vera or Kristi top or a Rona skirt I only want £5 + postage for them.

Thanks @Greybird, but I’m on a pattern fast now  :scream: After our shops started disappearing ( and the pattern companies amalgamated) I decided to buy up as many as I liked or which had particular lines that I could extrapolate from ( or old Tilton patterns which I buy just because I like them). I should really have been looking for anything at all when I hit on the Stylearc ones. I’m also on a fabric fast in the hope that it’ll make me use up the metres I bought up during Covid lockdowns. I do wish this was turning into more sewing but at the moment I’m going super slow!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 12:06:28 PM by Sewcycle »

Sewcycle

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2023, 12:06:00 PM »

annieeg

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2023, 16:39:26 PM »
Thanks for this link - I bought the square neckline Clementine Dress for £6.99!
 0_0

charley

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2023, 21:36:38 PM »
I bought one of the SA patterns from this seller. Ordered and paid for on 4 April; delivered on 13 April. Letter size package, and nearly £3 postage; I was not impressed.

edit
Obviously it is the seller that I am not impressed with, not the OP who told us about the SA patterns.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 20:12:29 PM by charley »

Catllar

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2023, 17:01:36 PM »
I have a lot of SAs cos I like the lines however I am really having a meltdown with their bloody boilersuit - I can't think who it would ever fit straight out the packet !  I order mine as PDF and then printshop them. Not cheap but less annoying than sticking em together.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !