The Sewing Place

Looking for a Sewing Machine Engineer in Leicestershire

infinitysewing

Looking for a Sewing Machine Engineer in Leicestershire
« on: May 30, 2023, 09:39:56 AM »
Hello Happy Sewers!

I have recently moved to Syston in Leicestershire from London and I love it! I am currently struggling as I need a sewing machine engineer to help me from time to time with different projects on domestic and industrial sewing machines. If anyone knows of any Sewing Machine Engineers in Leicestershire or surrounding areas I would really really appreciate it as I am struggling at the moment without one.

Thank you :)

Best Regards
Charles

SewRuthieSews

Re: Looking for a Sewing Machine Engineer in Leicestershire
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2023, 12:34:27 PM »
Hi Charles
I'm further north in Nottingham and can share some local to me, but I don't know of any in Leicestershire.

Sewing Direct
https://sewingdirect.co.uk/sewing-machine-service-and-repairs-nottingham/
Servicing & Repairs Price List
Explore our range of machine servicing options. Please note prices are inclusive of VAT, but if new parts are required this will be added to your total.
Machine Type   Price
Standard Straight Stitch Sewing Machine   £55.50
Zig Zag Sewing Machinee   £66.50
Multiple Stitch Sewing Machine   £76.50
Computerised Sewing Machine   £87.50
OverLocker   £83.50
SEWING DIRECT BEESTON
133 HIGH ROAD, BEESTON, NOTTINGHAM, NG9 2LL
EMAIL: -INFO@SEWINGDIRECT.CO.UK
TEL:01159223904

Coles Sewing Centre
https://www.colessewingcentre.co.uk/service-repairs
Primarily for Viking Husqvarna
Collection and delivery for servicing & repair
We offer free collection and delivery of machines in the local Nottinghamshire region when you have a machine service or repair with Coles Sewing Centre, simply call us on (0115) 9881550 to make arrangements. If you prefer to drop off and collect your machine yourself then we have step-free access at our Lennox Street entrance and we are always happy to help you to your car with your machine.

If you don’t live locally then don’t worry, we offer collection and delivery via courier. We charge a nominal fee of £25.00 each way and are able to arrange collection and delivery to suit you. This fee covers shipping costs and includes insurance, provided the item is packed adequately. We collect/deliver Monday-Friday only and labels will be provided by the driver to attach to your parcel.

Cresswell Sewing machines
I bought my Janome machine from Cresswell Sewing machines
Address: 83 Mansfield Rd, Daybrook, Nottingham NG5 6BH
Phone: 0115 926 7572
They are showing as temporarily closed, but were doing repairs.
This is more of a one man band with no website.

Hope these help.

SingingSinger

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2023, 18:23:28 PM »
I've used one in Hinckley but that's the south of Leicestershire compared to you @infinitysewing

https://www.yell.com/biz/homecall-sewing-machine-repairs-hinckley-4431466/
Mostly a dressmaker with a few other crafts thrown in. Teetering on the Darkside. Owner of vintage machines Singer 201K and Elna Lotus SP (and a Brother Innovis 350SE and Pfaff Ambition 620)

infinitysewing

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2023, 18:46:10 PM »
Thank you for this, I have contacted them but they only do domestics :(

Kad

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2023, 19:08:08 PM »
@infinitysewing
Have you tried just doing an internet search for "industrial sewing machine service Leicestershire"?

When I tried this, I got 9 results but only you can identify if any are close enough to be useful.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 19:54:59 PM by Kad »
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.