The Sewing Place

What are you sewing?

SewRuthieSews

What are you sewing?
« on: August 31, 2023, 16:54:07 PM »
Hello Darksiders, what projects do you have on the go at the moment?

Lowena

Re: What are you sewing?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2023, 17:52:14 PM »
I'm just planning my next full size quilt. I have accidentally amassed some fabric so I'm planning the layout. It will consist of squares and rectangles of varying lengths ( all 2.5" wide ) . Hoping to start cutting and stitching over the weekend  :thumb:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Ploshkin

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2023, 18:04:03 PM »
Ooh, @Lowena had a stash!  :)
I've got my quarter log cabin quilt sandwiched and have done diagonal quilting lines about 8" apart.  I can't decide what to do between them, it may just end up with more parallel lines but I feel I really should do a bit of FMQ in the spaces instead of being lazy.
Life's too short for ironing.

Pearl

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2023, 18:14:16 PM »
I’ve been making a 4 patch lattice quilt for DD using a video by Missouri Quilt Company.  I’m working systematically, instead of my usual haphazard approach, so I might get it finished this year.

Acorn

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2023, 18:41:24 PM »
I'm making an arrowhead quilt.  I've done almost a third of the blocks.  The main fabric is the Fresh as a Daisy range from Moda.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Lowena

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2023, 19:05:43 PM »
Not really a stash @Ploshkin  :P just left over bits bigger than fat 8ths that would breed if left to their own devices  :laughing:

twopence

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2023, 19:14:02 PM »
Today I’ve finished the quilting on my delectable mountains quilt so I’m hoping that I can get the binding on and finish it tomorrow.

Then I have the final finishing to do on my incubator quilt. It will go to Project Linus to be sent to an Air Ambulance.

I’m leading a Puzzle Quilt as a mystery quilt at my monthly quilt group so need to get the next blocks ready for our October meeting.

When I go back to my weekly group next week I want to make some “Christmas Trees” to take to Canada at Christmas.

Sandra

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2023, 20:40:28 PM »
I've recently made a start on another Shiny Happy applique quilt. I intend to actually finish this one...properly finish it.  :thumb:

Pics will follow one day.

Sandra.
xxx

Cazlyn

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2023, 20:53:19 PM »
I’m making a baby quilt, I’ve got about five of them to make this year…
Crafting is my happy place

fajita

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2023, 21:29:40 PM »
I’ve got my blackbirds quilt sandwiched and pinned. Need to get to a shop to buy suitable thread for quilting.

Next up will be a quilt for the new grandchild to be, early in the new year. Still in the thinking box.

I’ve got toothache and anti biotics at the moment, so impetus is lacking.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2023, 22:40:08 PM »
Wow there's loads going on here on the Darkside!
I would love to see pictures as and when you are able to share them :-)

twopence

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2023, 23:16:50 PM »
I’ve put a couple of pics in my diary. There are pictures of the first three Puzzle Quilt blocks and another quilt for Project Linus that I recently finished.

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2023, 09:18:24 AM »
Ooh, @Lowena had a stash!  :)

The world has gone crazy  :o
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Lowena

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2023, 09:56:40 AM »
 :laughing: :laughing: I'll show you the empty box when I've finished cutting out  :P

realale

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2023, 11:44:36 AM »
Not a quilt like the quilting purists do but I'm embroidering blocks which will be sewn together to make a quilt for my granddaughter for Christmas/birthday (Her birthday is January 7th and so close to Christmas that it is difficult to get two major presents. This is such a mammoth project it will have to do for both!!)
I'll be updating my diary thread when I eventually get round to doing something!!
So many beers, so little time.