What are you sewing?

SewRuthieSews

Re: What are you sewing?
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2023, 10:48:20 AM »
That sounds fun @Sheilago

Sandra

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2023, 16:10:48 PM »

This is the quilt I mentioned a few posts back. My son absolutely loves this sort of thing and he's really into dinosaurs.

I started it after learning I was to become a Grandma...and then I discovered that there are two on the way so I wasn't sure how to continue.
Do I make two?  ::thinks::

I don't want to make two and I don't think they will want two so I'll complete this and think about what to do. There's plenty of time.

Sandra.
xxx

Lowena

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2023, 16:18:08 PM »
That's really cute @Sandra
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Lachica

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2023, 17:34:53 PM »
@Sandra that's lovely! It would make a great playmat. If you feel they really need one each, maybe these blocks could be divvied up to make 2 wall hangings instead?
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Sandra

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2023, 17:44:20 PM »
@Sandra that's lovely! It would make a great playmat. If you feel they really need one each, maybe these blocks could be divvied up to make 2 wall hangings instead?

Yes. Splitting them and making two something-or-others out of them.  :)
That was something I've thought about.

I've also still got my unfinished Funny Faces blocks hanging around and they would also be really nice for small people.  ::thinks::

Sandra.
xxx

Lowena

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2023, 17:59:25 PM »
I thought of the funny face blocks @Sandra they'll need 2 rolling mats. How exciting! I keep getting told off for wanting to be a Gt Grandma! I absolutely adore babies......anyone can have them once they turn 2  :embarrassed:

realale

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2023, 21:17:00 PM »
What a delightful quilt @Sandra. I love it  :loveit:
So many beers, so little time.

datcat23

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2023, 22:39:34 PM »
Not quite quilting, but quilty organisation.

I was sewing a tunic top, and have hit a hurdle, that needs me to go to the fabric store.  While I was right in the middle of it, my sister called, so I switched to cutting out while we chatted.

So, (left to right), all bagged up and ready to go:

1. I have had a big scrap pack of kimino and obi scraps, plus a crane panel.  These were bought ages ago, but I seriously dislike the sashing/backing fabrics, I cut the pieces, added the red from the stash, and ordered a couple of jelly rolls for the other sashing and binding. 
2.  Another baby charity quilt
3.  The french general quilt, just received the last bit of fabric for the sashing, so ready to go.

Now, to just make the cut out clothing projects I have waiting, so I can give myself permission to sew the quilts.  Quilt organisation by Dani, on Flickr
The barefoot seamstress:  smelling vaguely of lavender and mothballs, and desperately craving chocolate.
2024:  Mending:  2  | Fabric used:  6m | Items made:  2  |  Quilts:      |  Fabric destashed:  25m

Sheilago

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2023, 08:19:18 AM »
I’d say they’ll definitely need two for when they’re at the ‘tummy time’ stage and also for snoozing under when they are toddlers- or older. You don’t need to do 2 the same. Your funny faces would be great as a quilt or you could make a different type of dinosaur quilt.

Sandra

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2023, 08:28:07 AM »
I’d say they’ll definitely need two for when they’re at the ‘tummy time’ stage and also for snoozing under when they are toddlers- or older. You don’t need to do 2 the same. Your funny faces would be great as a quilt or you could make a different type of dinosaur quilt.

Yes @Sheilago  :) The easiest option is to put the funny faces quilt together. I wouldn't and couldn't (be bothered to) make two the same.
Plenty of time to decide.

Sandra.
xxx

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2024, 18:03:33 PM »
Hello Darksiders, what projects do you have planned for 2024?

I promise to try to finish my sparkling stars quilt (I've made half the blocks)

Lowena

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2024, 18:17:31 PM »
I've started sewing today. I've begun a diary thread in the appropriate section but no one seems to have seen it :(

Sara-S

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2024, 20:51:27 PM »

This is the quilt I mentioned a few posts back. My son absolutely loves this sort of thing and he's really into dinosaurs.

I started it after learning I was to become a Grandma...and then I discovered that there are two on the way so I wasn't sure how to continue.
Do I make two?  ::thinks::

I don't want to make two and I don't think they will want two so I'll complete this and think about what to do. There's plenty of time.

Sandra.
xxx

My husband just loves this!  Not surprising, since he’s an overgrown 2-year-old.

BTW, is your son expecting twins or is another family member expecting? Congrats, in any case.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 20:53:28 PM by Sara-S »
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.