The Sewing Place

My new toy

Celia

My new toy
« on: September 06, 2023, 08:54:41 AM »
I had a lovely time yesterday playing with my new Zoom loom, https://www.weftblown.com/products/schacht-zoom-loom it was a present to me with some birthday money.

It is quite the opposite to @Ploshkin new loom  (which by the way I saw at the Southern wool show on Sunday really tempting but I have no space). 

The first square I did has a mistake in it but I am not undoing it, my aim is to make a patchwork throw, I saw one someone had made and it was gorgeous, I will see how I go but the first thing might just be a cushion.

Has anyone else ever tried a pin loom.

Ploshkin

Re: My new toy
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2023, 13:52:18 PM »
You see some really good stuff made from pin loom squares @Celia .  I did think about one for sampling but it the sett isn't very variable so I didn't.
Was it Wonky Weaver at the show?  I'm not sure anyone else supplies Harrisville.
Life's too short for ironing.

Celia

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2023, 14:58:51 PM »
Yes it was Wonky Weaver, the loom they had there was the 8 shaft but smaller in width than yours, it is really nice and very neat.  It was funny because I did say I knew someone who had recently bought one then they asked your name  ::thinks::  Ok I didn’t think @Ploshkin  was a good idea  :laughing:

If they were nearer I am sure I might have one on my want list.

Cazlyn

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2023, 06:59:36 AM »
That looks fun @Celia lovely little squares.
Crafting is my happy place