The Sewing Place

Bench ruler.

Mick

Bench ruler.
« on: September 13, 2023, 05:35:50 AM »
Lidl are doing these for £1.99.

A metre long, mm and inch scales. And quite strong adhesive.

It's also centre-zero, so good for finding the middle of things you don't want to fold.

Cazlyn

Re: Bench ruler.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2023, 07:46:35 AM »
Thanks @Mick I’ll have a look.
Crafting is my happy place

Gernella

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2023, 10:19:05 AM »
That's useful.  I normally use my 'board' on the table all the time. It's weird that Horn make the cutting out table but don't include these, even as an extra to leave you to decide whether to use or not.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Kad

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2023, 10:47:45 AM »
I use the thin flexible rulers that are scattered throughout IK*A stores. They are metric on one side and imperial on the other. I stick them to the edge of the table with double sided tape and use Magic Tape to cover them. The first one that I did this way is still going strong 6 years on.
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2023, 14:58:29 PM »
I might have been and got two set square rulers from there the other day just after I had been complaining about not having a yard rule or anything similar. They do have a selection of different rules in my local so worth a look.
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."