The Sewing Place

Black skirt with narrow animal print panel

SewRuthieSews

Black skirt with narrow animal print panel
« on: September 24, 2023, 22:01:45 PM »
Today I saw a girl wearing a long black skirt which had a narrow panel of animal print, off centre at the front. She had a plain black top.
The whole look was a very sophisticated take on animal print.

I do enjoy colour in my clothes though so maybe not for me?

Lachica

Re: Black skirt with narrow animal print panel
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2023, 22:12:32 PM »
Why not for you? Most of your clothes are colourful but if you like this look go for it. Maybe use a coloured animal print (eg leopard print but in pink or teal) worn with a top in the same colour this avoiding black against your face.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

realale

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2023, 07:50:34 AM »
How do you feel wearing black? If you will feel elegant and sophisticated then try it. However if it makes you feel drained and funereal then avoid it. I don't wear black at all above my waist (one black funeral coat being an exception) as it's such an awful colour on me, however, I appreciate some people really like black and wear it all the time. Could you get the same effect using brown? Or purple? If it was the outfit you liked rather than the colour just try a different colour.
So many beers, so little time.

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2023, 10:18:23 AM »
It is a rare day I do not wear black somewhere or other and I feel weird not wearing it!
I look really drained in pastel colours and never wear them but have a love of pink and lilac so wear them below the waist as @realale suggested.
At the end of the day there is a point where you might as well wear what you want as you will miss the boat otherwise and wonder why you didn't  :laughing:
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

smurf44

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2023, 09:41:23 AM »
sounds lush,you should go for it.. appeals to my love of black!