The Sewing Place

Boom

Hideout Hen

Boom
« on: September 30, 2023, 11:08:44 AM »
Sorry, just wanted to head this with something other than " Hi I'm new here."
 Hi, I'm new here. :)
I'm Mandy. I've been living in rural Central France since 2004. I've been sewing since I was a girl, making clothes for my Pippa dolls. ( Anyone remember them?)
My Mum was a machinist and helped me with my first wardrobe additions. I always had problems with off the shelf clothes as I was thin and  short waisted with a sway back.
 Since then I've made everything from furnishings to beaded belly dance costumes.( Never wedding dresses though.)
 Most of my present sewing has been in making leather hence the name "hide"out Hen. I have an embarrassing amount now in the under stairs closet. I rarely use commercial patterns, preferring to draft my own. I also like painting fabric. I recently acquired a laser engraver so hope to have some fun with that. If I don't blow it up first!
I'm looking forward to conversing with like minded sewists.
In my dreams I'm still sewing....and also in my nightmares.

Greybird

Re: Boom
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2023, 11:13:07 AM »
Hello and welcome!

Lachica

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2023, 11:25:12 AM »
Hi! Sounds like you have some exciting projects to show & tell! We like pics (I think you need a few posts before you're allowed to add pics)
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

realale

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2023, 13:06:41 PM »
Hello and welcome from me too.
I rarely sew with leather so will be interested to see what you do. We do like pics on this forum  :pics: when you have posted enough to include them!!
So many beers, so little time.

Ouryve

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2023, 13:27:31 PM »
Hi, @Hideout Hen you will be in good company here on several counts. Look forward to seeing what you make  :pics:
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2023, 14:05:59 PM »
Was Pippa Sindy's little sister?
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Helen M

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2023, 14:16:30 PM »
Hello and welcome to TSP look forward to seeing your makes!
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 73

BrendaP

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2023, 14:52:34 PM »
Hi @Hideout Hen welcome to TSP.
Looking forward to seeing someof your creations - and some laser engraving.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Puzzler

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2023, 15:06:50 PM »
Hi @Hideout Hen. Welcome to TSP. Sounds like you work on some interesting projects.

Kad

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2023, 15:24:52 PM »
Was Pippa Sindy's little sister?

I had a Sindy doll, my little sister a "Penny Bright". I thought that she was Sindy's little sister? Wasn't Pippa some 'relation' to Barbie?
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2023, 15:30:36 PM »
Welcome to TSP.  Another one here who’s always had trouble with RTW. 

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2023, 15:35:37 PM »
I had a Sindy doll, my little sister a "Penny Bright". I thought that she was Sindy's little sister? Wasn't Pippa some 'relation' to Barbie?
Ah yes, you are right. I had Sindy but remember a Pippa being around and wanting it, even if I didn't get it  :laughing:
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Silver Rose

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2023, 15:39:27 PM »
Hello and welcome to TSP @Hideout Hen, look forward to seeing your makes.
Still learning

Catllar

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2023, 16:34:40 PM »
Hi there @Hideout Hen  and welcome from me too.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

charley

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2023, 19:12:09 PM »