The Sewing Place

It must be Autumn

Ploshkin

It must be Autumn
« on: October 12, 2023, 17:33:35 PM »
I found myself with an urge to do some knitting so it must officially be Autumn.  I had a browse through my bookmarked patterns and decided on this one
The pattern is for 2 yarns together (one is silk so rather pricey) but I have substituted with one thicker one which is Drops Air in denim blue
I ordered the yarn the night before last and it arrived today  :)  It is very light and soft.
Life's too short for ironing.

Pearl

Re: It must be Autumn
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2023, 17:39:18 PM »
Lovely colour, @Ploshkin

Cazlyn

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2023, 07:36:04 AM »
Very nice, remember to post  :pics:
Crafting is my happy place

Sheilago

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2023, 08:15:22 AM »
Looks good. I look forward to seeing it done. The yarn looks lovely- I can’t wear normal wool anymore: it makes my skin itch, but alpaca and merino would be good. I’ll be interested to hear how it knits up and wears.

I knit or crochet all year round as it it stops me sleeping in front of the TV :laugh:

Ploshkin

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2023, 08:24:57 AM »
@Sheilago I too can't have wool against my skin.  I thought I could wear this sweater over a long sleeved t shirt but having received the yarn I'm sure I could have it against my skin - certainly my arms.  I have a sweater that I knitted from Drops Cotton Merino - its a lovely yarn to knit with and very wearable against the skin.  It's also stood up very well to several years of washings and wearings.
Life's too short for ironing.

Sheilago

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2023, 11:53:51 AM »
Thanks @Ploshkin , that’s good to know😀

Celia

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2023, 10:14:50 AM »
Looks nice @Ploshkin i have bought some Air too to make a jumper for my son but unfortunately I am having to knit a baby blanket first for a friend’s granddaughter.

I say unfortunately because I am not keen on the wool I am using https://www.woolwarehouse.co.uk/yarn/drops-merino-extra-fine-pink-25-50g. It feels lovely but it splits really badly when knitting.  The Air is lovely to knit with.

Can’t wait to see your jumper grow

Sheilago

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2023, 13:23:49 PM »
That’s a pity @Celia . I’ve used Drops baby merino a lot and it is great to knit with: really nice stitch definition and such a nice soft, but not floppy texture. I only stopped using it because my daughter kept shrinking it in her machine  |O

Celia

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2023, 14:13:20 PM »
Yes @Sheilago i have used the baby one and loved it but the fine merino is not the same, maybe it’s just this batch but it feels as if it needs a bit more twist.

Ellabella

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2023, 14:31:15 PM »
I too am in a knitting mood. I currently have
https://tincanknits.com/pattern/harvest?g=2  On my needles, I think it’s going to be a big thick cardi type of winter. It’s ages since I knit an adult sized garment as it usually scarves or something for the GKs.

DH must be feeling the cold as he has requested bed socks!  He has poor circulation in his feet and loss of sensation in his toes, so keeping them warm will help.

I’m hoping I can get away with some sort of tube socks, in a fairly chunky yarn.  Must go and browse somewhere for a pattern