The Sewing Place

Tauko magazine - anyone tried it?

Tamnymore

Tauko magazine - anyone tried it?
« on: October 20, 2023, 19:14:05 PM »
I've subscribed to the Fibremood mag for a year then concluded that I don't really like tracing patterns. Then I subscribed to the digital Fibremood which is 5 pdfs of your choice 5 times a year with no print mag. However, although there are Fibremood patterns I like, I've run out of wanting to get any more of them. It's also gone up.in price a lot so that's that with Fibremood for now.

The Tauko magazine ( find it here ) offers a digital version which gives you the print mag, the digital mag and the pdfs of all the patterns in that edition. So I've just bought edition number 9 digital and print. I've downloaded the 9 or so patterns - 6 or 7 of which I would make - and the print edition is winging its way to me.  It looks like more of a proper magazine than Fibremood. Also they tell you about the international designers they use and so on. I'm intrigued.

I'll see how I get on but if I like the publication I'll suggest to the owners that they offer a completely digital version for international peeps (it comes from Finland) and then I'd be interested in subscribing. Anyway, I wondered if anyone had tried Tauko and had views on it
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Ohsewsimple

Re: Tauko magazine - anyone tried it?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2023, 19:41:19 PM »
New one to me @Tamnymore.  Be interesting to see how you get on.

Ouryve

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2023, 19:48:41 PM »
I’ve not tried it as I’ve not seen much that I like in it for the price. Would be interesting to see how anything turns out.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Tamnymore

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2023, 20:29:21 PM »
@Ohsewsimple and @Ouryve I shall report back!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

sewmuchmore

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2023, 16:48:34 PM »
Not succumbed, yet. But i have been looking at it for a while. Keep checking eBay for back issues but even they are expensive.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Morgan

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2023, 22:11:24 PM »
I appreciate the approach and content of the magazine, but the styles of the patterns are just not my taste.