The Sewing Place

Pondering

sewmuchmore

Pondering
« on: November 16, 2023, 18:27:22 PM »
Barnyarns have the Pfaff Creative Icon on special offer and pondering about getting it. I have the Performance Icon and Brother V5LE that i could part exchange.
Both less than 2 years old so hoping for a good deal.
I had the V3 for years and when it went for a service the man said it wanted the motherboard replacing at ££££££ with no guarantee that it would solve the problem and he could get me a V5 if i was interested, there was a waiting list of 6 months for the V3 at the time. I reluctantly agreed but always felt as if i had been conned into buying it. Even though the embroidery function is the same as the V3 i have never taken to the V5, a bit of resentment i think.
Anyway going to the sewing show in Harrogate tomorrow and will see what happens.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Celia

Re: Pondering
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2023, 09:38:28 AM »
Always a difficult thing if you don’t take to a machine.   Ask me how I know  :laughing:

Look forward to hearing what you do

sewmuchmore

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2023, 16:45:45 PM »
Well the deed is done, got a good deal on my existing Pfaff but because Barnyarns are not a Brother dealer Callum advised i would get more money selling the V5 privately, any one interested? He has also sent me a £150 voucher for the shop as well. Discovered he lives not far from me so he is going to drop the machine off early next week on his way home.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2023, 17:26:45 PM »
Ooh lovely @sewmuchmore and I’m sure you’ll be happier with that.  Funny how we all have favourite makes and machines.

Bill

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2023, 23:35:52 PM »
Callum advised i would get more money selling the V5 privately, any one interested?

Would you accept a fiver?
Bernina 570QE (Bernie)     1937 Singer 201k (sally)
The best advice I can give you, is don't take advice from me
Don't follow me, I do stupid things

Sara-S

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2023, 23:42:43 PM »
@sewmuchmore enjoy the new machine & post some pics!
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.