The Sewing Place

Uploading photos on smaller format

Sheilago

Uploading photos on smaller format
« on: November 29, 2023, 16:06:18 PM »
Apple have changed the way photos work on my iPad and it’s no longer easy to resize the photo file for the purposes of uploading to TSP. It used to ask what size I wanted to upload, but now we’re on iOS 17, I can’t see how to do it.. Does anyone else know?

Diane

Re: Uploading photos on smaller format
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2023, 19:43:00 PM »
@Sheilago I don't have an iphone anymore as i've recently changed to android but i used the PicCollage app and still do, it's brilliant, you just import the photo and it automatically reduces its size. I don't subscribe so just use the basic frames it offers that are free, you do get the odd advert but nothing that's annoying.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 19:44:34 PM by Diane »
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Celia

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2023, 08:51:58 AM »
When you go to photos to choose one there is a little options  tab at the bottom, if you touch that it opens and gives lots of options including the size.

Hope this helps @Sheilago

Sheilago

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2023, 22:00:38 PM »
Thanks for you reply @Celia . That’s my problem. Since the iOS update I don’t get the options tab at the bottom.
I’ll have a look at the app you suggest @Diane .

Celia

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2023, 09:37:22 AM »
They have moved the options button to the page where you choose the photo, so you have to choose before you pick which photo you want to post  @Sheilago 

Sheilago

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2023, 16:10:42 PM »
Aha! Thanks @Celia- problem solved. :D

Have also had lots of fun with PicCollage @Diane  :D
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 16:12:27 PM by Sheilago »