The Sewing Place

Good and Bad News about FOQ

Lowena

Good and Bad News about FOQ
« on: July 16, 2017, 12:12:20 PM »
I have heard from my d.i.l that the girls will not be coming to stay in the summer holidays
They are now at the age.. 17,13,11 and 9 where friends are playing a bigger part of their lives and they are more independent. We don't mind at all, ( we'll see them in September ) and I thought way hay perhaps I can go to the FOQ after all  :D
But...... no can do  :'( I'd have to travel by National Express and the times don't work at all  :( It would necessitate 2 nights in a hotel , plus fares,food,tickets and spending money ... I just can't afford it at this late stage  :'(
However.....perhaps next year will be doable as I can get everything well in advance and I won't be spending out to go to Exeter in April as it wasn't very good this year.
So... start saving peeps and perhaps some of us will be able to get together August 2018  :ninja:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Iminei

Re: Good and Bad News about FOQ
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 12:58:17 PM »
As I said before Low you could share two nights with me (Friday and Saturday) if you buy the extra night (at only £59 at last costing) and I might not be there for that one so you would get to luxuriate on your own in a super comfy double room at a hotel just a five minute walk or so from the show (its right next door to the NEC, only the NEC is vast)
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

StitchinTime

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 14:24:34 PM »
Have you looked at Megabus for times/prices instead of National Express. They go to Birmingham airport, but I don't know if there is a pick up point near you.

rubywishes

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 05:00:58 AM »
Nothing like  "a plan down the track" to look forward to to put a smile on your face. Making lemonade out lemons and all that sort of stuff!
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Sakar

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 11:17:50 AM »
Low, it would be so great if you came!!!!
After 2016 and 2017 I am afraid, I will skip 2018. I can't go there every year  :'(
Maybe you can find away to visit FoQ this year....

Lowena

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 11:16:42 AM »
They've changed their minds  :fish: the girls now want to come between 9th and 24th August  -<
Triumph of hope over experience :D