The Sewing Place

Love Notions Metra Blazer

SewRuthieSews

Love Notions Metra Blazer
« on: January 19, 2024, 17:58:16 PM »
Love Notions Metra Blazer - Is the Friday $5 pattern today at LN, then I had a code as well, worked out at £3.70.

Has anyone sewn this? How did you find it?

twopence

Re: Love Notions Metra Blazer
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2024, 18:47:17 PM »
Not sewn it yet. The pattern needs sticking together before I can get in with it. Originally I’d hoped to wear it at DS’ Chinese wedding but life got in the way. I need to get it made now as I want to make a second one to go with my dress for DD2’s wedding in April.

Ellabella

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2024, 09:43:39 AM »
It’s on my list @SewRuthieSews , but first I need to source the right fabric. It asks for a stable knit and I don’t want to risk buying on line when I can’t have a good feel of the fabric.

I really need a smartish jacket and this fits the bill.

I watched Karina Trinidad’s YouTube video just the other evening so definitely up for it, just need to go fabric shopping.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2024, 11:25:08 AM »
I've just cut out some trousers from Bengaline (stretch woven), and its really stretchy, so does make me wonder if I could use that, it'd definitely have the structure needed.

I've printed out the pattern but not stuck it together yet. My stash has all sorts of fabrics which might work. It'll be interesting to find out which ones work well - I will of course share :-)

Catllar

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2024, 13:33:36 PM »
If I remember right Bengaline only stretches in one direction and the ponte will stretch a bit both ways.

Having said that I've stopped buying LN patterns after they threw me off the FB page for my negative comments about a design they launched that I thought was perfect for a little girl but childish for an adult - it's a skirt with scalloped layers - totally odd. Anyhow they asked for comments, I gave my opinions in a measured way and they said if I wasn't  prepared to apologise for potentially upsetting the designer who had worked a long time on the design, they would banish me from the group. I said fine, go ahead. If you can't take critique then don't ask for it.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 13:37:27 PM by Catllar »
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2024, 09:40:14 AM »
I joined the mailing list so I get an email about the $5 patterns but rarely buy as most don't appeal or replace something I already have.
I am however very pleased with the Metra blazer.

I wore it to an event yesterday and then wore it all the way to bedtime.
It was very comfortable and the pockets/lining thing works very well.

I'll be making more, where I have suitable fabric.

Catllar

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2024, 17:27:47 PM »
That looks great. What a nice mix of fabrics!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2024, 10:30:53 AM »
I'm part way through making another one, will share once done