The Sewing Place

Rotary Cutter Blades

classical retro

Rotary Cutter Blades
« on: January 24, 2024, 20:03:54 PM »
I ordered a 10 pack of 45mm blades from this company. Before I had closed my computer I had an item dispatched message.

I was sceptical to say the least, but my blades were delivered the next day, much sooner than I expected. They were the cheapest I could find too.

CR :angel:

Ohsewsimple

Re: Rotary Cutter Blades
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2024, 22:38:31 PM »
Impressive!

Nevis5

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2024, 08:58:19 AM »
Ooh thank you so much @classical retro  !  I'm down to just one blade left and the pack of 10 which I've been working through have been awful - every one has blunted after just one use.  I'll give this site a go. x

Ouryve

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2024, 13:12:30 PM »
Olfa blades are excellent. I find them better. Blunt than some others are.straight from the pack.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Deafoldbat

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2024, 19:59:21 PM »
As previously recommended here https://thesewingplace.org.uk/index.php/topic,11046.0.html - but it was a while ago so you would have had to dig to find it.
Very good price, and my order came within 24 hours too.

grndkntrl

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2024, 02:28:20 AM »
...They were the cheapest I could find too.

I've found several UK sites listing the 10-pack for slightly cheaper than that site, but until I get to 25 posts I can't directly link to them here yet, so I'll just list a few of the names for example instead.

The site you bought from the total price for a single 10-pack inc. VAT & postage is £38.23.

• "Pandoras Upholstery" has it for £32.99 inc. VAT & postage;
  • "Blades and Knives Direct ltd" has it for £36.60 inc. VAT & postage.
  • "Absolutely Shaw Ltd" (similarly Olfa "branded" on the "olfa.co.uk" domain) has it for £37.75 inc. VAT & postage;
I can't yet vouch for how fast any of them actually process orders & post items out though either.

If you google/bing/duckduckgo for "Olfa RB45-10 45mm rotary blades" you should be able to see them all.
Just starting out with a Brother FS40s for now!

Also dabbling in 3D printing & electronics.

Cazlyn

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2024, 13:46:29 PM »
I’ve just changed the blade in my cutter, why didn’t I do it months ago? 🙃😂
Crafting is my happy place