The Sewing Place

Early Spring Vogue Patterns ... I think

classical retro

Early Spring Vogue Patterns ... I think
« on: February 01, 2024, 22:14:03 PM »
Here they are https://simplicity.com/vogue-patterns/

Marked new, but not on a separate page. (20)Vogue have also re-released 1970s Diane Von Fursternberg wrap dress pattern 50 year anniversary.

Not much to write home about for me although the DVF has had rave reviews. That said I do like the skirt and trouser suits patterns, but I have patterns that I can use to create the effect.

CR :angel:

Ouryve

Re: Early Spring Vogue Patterns ... I think
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024, 23:49:09 PM »
How do they manage to make young slim models look so frumpy?

The wrap dress is lovely, as is the zipped jumpsuit - I saw one almost identical in John Lewis, this morning. The rest is quite nondescript and styled like something from the 90s.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Missie

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2024, 07:54:49 AM »
I do love the look of a wrap dress but they just make my boobs look weird!  Not much to talk about in that selection at all.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2024, 09:34:42 AM »
New?  But they are so old-fashioned!

Silver Rose

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2024, 09:45:05 AM »
To many frills and flounces for my liking.
Still learning

Lachica

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2024, 10:34:14 AM »
Hmmm....I'm not a fan of the frilled lampshade look. I like the jacket with the bias cut peplum but my waist isn't nipped in enough for that style.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

So Chic

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2024, 13:05:44 PM »
I have and still use the DVF wrap dress pattern which I bought in 1980 but I’m not impressed by any of the other patterns.
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

Tamnymore

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2024, 13:45:53 PM »
Can't see much here. Simplicity and McCalls have been more exciting of late! The DVF dress is OK but I can't see what the fuss is about.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Nevis5

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2024, 14:49:39 PM »
Nothing interests me, either.  I like the look of a wrap dress but they look terrible on me.  I'll save my pennies.

Starryfish

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2024, 17:28:26 PM »
Don't they look at any Indie designers who are producing clothes close to what people are wearing now? They seem stuck in a time warp where women are dressing up to attend gala events!
A day without sewing is a day wasted.

Missie

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2024, 17:31:08 PM »
Don't they look at any Indie designers who are producing clothes close to what people are wearing now? They seem stuck in a time warp where women are dressing up to attend gala events!

@Starryfish what?  you don't wear your posh frock and tiara to the shops?  Every day should be a special day, doncha know 0_0 :laughing: :laughing:

Starryfish

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2024, 17:58:02 PM »
Yesterday was a special day, I wore a dress, gold earrings and my new coat to the theatre, but as it was a matinee I left the tiara behind!! Milton Keynes isn't big on tiaras.
A day without sewing is a day wasted.

Surest1tch

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2024, 20:54:11 PM »
Hmmmm, there are 1 or 2 I like but won't be buying any of them, not that I'd have time to sew any of them if I did.
Wow, when did they start costing so much  ::thinks::