The Sewing Place

New Chair

sewmuchmore

New Chair
« on: February 06, 2024, 18:20:17 PM »
You may have seen i have been dithering about buying a new chair for the last 12 months. I seem to spend a lot of time messing about adjusting the one i have as i just cannot seem to get the position right anymore and always end up with back ache after sewing for any length of time. Plus apart for Ikea (were my current chair came from) there doesn't seem to be anywhere near me that you can actually test drive a chair.
Took a bit of a gamble and ordered one on line from Office Furniture Online. Today my new chair arrived, OMG what a difference it has made. It is a pleasure to sew again and no more faffing with the adjustments and even better, after spending 6 hours battling with heavy chenille curtaining, NO BACK ACHE.
This is what i got.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

SewRuthieSews

Re: New Chair
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2024, 23:36:43 PM »
Fantastic, so glad that's worked out well for you

realale

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2024, 07:19:59 AM »
That's the same as my chair @sewmuchmore!! From the same place.  I've had it a fair few years now (possibly 7ish) and it's still good.  :)
So many beers, so little time.

Celia

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2024, 09:34:59 AM »
That’s good to know I think I need a new chair I have to juggle between two at the moment, one for comfthe other for height.

Flobear

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2024, 09:46:08 AM »
Fab... I reckon you could fly a jumbo jet from that!
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Gernella

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2024, 10:40:20 AM »
Love it although I went without arms, they won't go under when roll under.  You can beat a comfy chair, especially for your back.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Sara-S

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2024, 12:56:56 PM »
Looks very nice & comfy! Enjoy it for many years! <3
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.