The Sewing Place

Anyone interested in a scrap quilt sewalong?

Pearl

Re: Anyone interested in a scrap quilt sewalong?
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2024, 05:04:26 AM »
I have a partially made scrappy quilt which I could finish as part of a sew-along.  I started making it using random scraps, but think I’d prefer something more cohesive, so I’ll have to do some unpicking before I can move on.

Please could you repost your video link, @SewRuthieSews
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 05:44:30 AM by Pearl »

Celia

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2024, 09:05:43 AM »
I am in if I can make just a small scrappy quilt or even a cushion, don’t have the stamina for a large quilt  :laughing:

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2024, 09:33:40 AM »
I fancy trying a scrappy quilt but no idea how to do one. I love watching YouTube videos too. ☺️

Please repost the link @SewRuthieSews 🙏

SewRuthieSews

realale

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2024, 13:13:31 PM »
I fancy trying a scrappy quilt but no idea how to do one. I love watching YouTube videos too. ☺️
I suggest you watch Just Get It Done Quilts on You Tube. She has several videos on scrappy quilts and explains very clearly how to do them.
So many beers, so little time.

Deafoldbat

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2024, 19:19:57 PM »
I fancy trying a scrappy quilt but no idea how to do one.

@WildAtlanticWay Cut fabric into pieces, sew it back together - as artistically or tastelessly as you like ;)

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2024, 08:39:15 AM »
Thanks @realale   :hug:

I spent a wee while looking at some of her videos. I do have bin bags of scraps and after watching, I feel more able to sort the bags out now and actually bin more bits and start a proper project.

Seriously, this could be life changing for a person like me who struggles with sorting stuff out. I get easily overwhelmed when the piles start to grow, then hit a wall and feel paralysed and can’t move forwards.

Ellabella

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2024, 10:18:21 AM »
Last night I cut some squares of curtain lining, ironed lots of weirdly shaped pieces of fabric and cut said fabric into varying width strips.

I think I’ve started. No sewing plans till DD comes to be measured for her swimming cossie, so this will be a good project to have for those times when I’ve finished something and have to wait to start the next one.