The Sewing Place

Bills New Machine

Bill

Bills New Machine
« on: February 13, 2024, 13:33:11 PM »
I can hear you all now. "Oh god he's at it again!"  :laughing:
Pics later I promise.
Today I have put the second (hopefully last) coat of paint in my new sewing corner. The rest of the living room will follow shortly but I wanted this area done first. Why not! Calamities today include losing my balance and ploughing head first into the newly painted wall. Luckily no one else saw it, or my face.
Just waiting for the paint to dry and then I'll get Bernie into her new place. Sorry @Ouryve , I've pinched your berninas name for mine too  :D
I'll have to find some sewing inspired pictures for the wall as it's a wee bit boring looking.
Bernina 570QE (Bernie)     1937 Singer 201k (sally)
The best advice I can give you, is don't take advice from me
Don't follow me, I do stupid things

Bill

Re: Bills New Machine
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024, 15:03:42 PM »
Here she is, all settled in and warming up. She was freezing when ups dropped her off.
I'm not sure where the Bernina wardrobe will take up residence but most likely in front of the lamp.
Absolutely love how thin the freearm is and that super long fabric guide is brill.
So far, I've had the bobbin in and out so I can do that. I've taken a foot off and back on so I can do that and I've had the stitch plate off and back on so I can do that too. I'm getting there!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Celia

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2024, 15:07:57 PM »
Can’t wait to see it in situ, I really hope you are going to be pleased with it, it is a stunning looking machine and deserves a newly painted wall  :loveit:

It looks fabulous I was writing this when you posted pics. 

StitchinTime

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2024, 15:22:07 PM »
That looks a great set up  :loveit:
I would be interested to know how you think it compares to the Bernette once you've had a chance to put it through its paces.

StitchinTime

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2024, 15:25:20 PM »
@Celia It is obvious that Bill is very pleased with the machine. I do hope that the empty space where it used to be has bought you equal happiness.

Celia

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2024, 15:43:24 PM »
I am happy @StitchinTime as it just made me feel guilty every time I looked at it.

I might add a small portable to my stable sometime but the 570 is definitely not portable, at least not by me :loveit:

Gernella

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2024, 18:40:28 PM »

So far, I've had the bobbin in and out so I can do that. I've taken a foot off and back on so I can do that and I've had the stitch plate off and back on so I can do that too. I'm getting there!

I think what we really want @Bill is a livestream camera, then we can keep tabs on any hammers etc., that come into the room :laughing:

That  is a super duper machine though.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2024, 19:03:33 PM »
@Bill can I come and live with you???

What a wonderful set up you have there. I’ve got machine envy just looking at it. Drool. 😍

Ouryve

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2024, 19:29:11 PM »
She looks very content in her new home, @Bill.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2024, 20:38:13 PM »
Envious?  Moi?  Hell, yes!!

Have fun with it!!

Iminei

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2024, 20:57:33 PM »
I think what we really want @Bill is a livestream camera, then we can keep tabs on any hammers etc., that come into the room :laughing:

That  is a super duper machine though.

I agree ... and boy am I envious of the Barbieernina wardrobe ...

@Bill If you kill damage THIS one ... we WILL be after you ... You HAVE been warned!!!  :devil:
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Iminei

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2024, 21:01:06 PM »
I'll have to find some sewing inspired pictures for the wall as it's a wee bit boring looking.
C'mon Girls, we must have some postcards, pics, poster between us ...

@Bill  address please
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

HenriettaMaria

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2024, 21:51:08 PM »
Looking good, @Bill !

My only comment, based on my own tiny sewing corner, is that you might want to swap the trolley to the left of the machine with the drawer unit to the right of your cutting table.  That way, you will have space to support bigger sewing projects without knocking things off the trolley.  Suck it and see, though :)

Bill

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2024, 22:02:09 PM »
When the sewing space was upstairs @HenriettaMaria I did indeed have the drawers to the left but I also had the extra table to the left as well. Unfortunately the wheeled trolly won't fit under the table so I'll have to figure something out there. It's all backwards at the mo and it's annoying me...specially when I go to get something from the drawers and they're not where they're supposed to be!

Bill

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2024, 22:05:19 PM »
In other news, I've been playing with Bernie. Can anyone say strong? This thing is on steroids!
That is 18 layers of pressed denim. Damn near half an inch thick and she didn't even blink an eyelid.  :faints: