The Sewing Place

Vogue pdf patterns now available!

Tamnymore

Vogue pdf patterns now available!
« on: February 15, 2024, 09:47:57 AM »
Those of you who have been holding your breath waiting for Vogue to do pdf versions of their patterns can finally breathe easy as they have produced 72 of their patterns in pdf formhere

That's the good news. The not so good news is that they are about £20 a pop although I fully expect they will put them into their frequent sales in due course. They are in A0 format (hurray!) but I don't think they have A4 format. No, Vogue, you weren't listening - we want A0 AND A4.

Since they have started doing Butterick and McCalls as pdfs I've bought a few in their sales and they are cheap - £4 or so depending on the offer.  A4 only of course. Don't know why they can't consistently offer A4 and A0 across all their patterns - oh and layers too so we only print the size we want.

Hmm website seems to suggest the patterns are A0 and A4..Not exactly clear....
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 10:34:48 AM by Tamnymore »
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Ohsewsimple

Re: Vogue pdf patterns now available!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2024, 10:40:21 AM »
Well @Tamnymore considering they’re Vogue and designer I don’t think that’s too bad. Many will be very involved patterns.  I’ve seen a lot of utter garbage, independent simple designs going for not much less.  I would think it’s been a challenge to get some of these done. 

Tamnymore

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2024, 14:59:52 PM »
I agree @Ohsewsimple there are some very simple indy pdf patterns around that seem very expensive to me for what you get - although there are also some good independent designs too. If these Vogues go on sale at some point I might try one just to see what you actually get for your money.

Of course you pay £20 for a full price Vogue paper pattern in the UK now so a full price pdf  plus printing a few  A0 pages would be between £25 and £30 in total.... Think I'll wait for a sale!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 15:06:18 PM by Tamnymore »

HenriettaMaria

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2024, 13:35:22 PM »
Wouldn't it be utterly fab if they digitised their entire archive?  Imagine being able to get any design from any period, or a favourite design you bought when you were a misses size 12 and would like to make again but are now a women's size 16?  Or were a standard body length but are now a petite (thanks to osteoarthritis  :rant:)

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2024, 18:39:06 PM »
@HenriettaMaria ooh that would be good wouldn’t it.  Their older designs were fabulous.
I occasionally have a look at Commercial pattern archive for inspiration. 
https://copa.apps.uri.edu/

Tamnymore

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2024, 14:08:32 PM »
I see they have reworded it on their website to say that the new Vogue pdfs are A0 and A4. Now all.we need is for the other brands to be A0 and A4 - and a sale would be nice too.  :laughing: