« on: February 28, 2024, 19:56:57 PM »
Here's the list of 2024 contests

January/February  - Warm and Cosy
March/April - Something for the Home
May/June - Use the stash
July/August - Paris/Olympics
Sep/Oct - UFO
Nov/Dec - Festive Fun

Apologies for the delay in sharing this list, a sudden death in the family rather messed up my head in January.
As you know the wonderful @Flobear stepped into the breach and has been hosting the Warm and Cosy contest which I've enjoyed very much. Thankyou Flo, you are the best!

Official Sewalongs for 2024

We've carried on the Weekly Sewing Clubs on Tuesdays and Wednesdays 2-4pm for those who wanted a sewing club to attend but don't have one locally. Please do come and join in with those if you would like.

New this year is The Official Scrap Quilt Sewalong 2024, for anyone who has scraps of quilting fabrics left over from other projects and 2024 Jeans Sew Along for those wanting to make jeans.
Other Sewalongs may be started during the year where there seems to be popular demand.

Thanks to everyone who joins in with the contests and sewalongs!

Ouryve

Re: 2024 Contest and Sewalongs
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 20:38:00 PM »
And thank you and @Flobear for hosting, @SewRuthieSews  :thumb: :toast:
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

grndkntrl

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2024, 20:56:15 PM »
Sounds like a fun set of contests!

I'm hoping to have acquired some nice fabric for some cushion covers in the next month, so looking forward to taking part in that one. Or maybe I'll manage to do a couple of Roman blinds instead....

Then by mid-May/early-June I should have trawled a few charity shops for anything worth reusing; but not sure if that would count in the stash one though!
Just starting out with a Brother FS40s for now!

Also dabbling in 3D printing & electronics.

Flobear

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2024, 08:42:22 AM »
Well, @grndkntrl , if you're new at this and don't have a stash, I would say that sourcing fabrics from a charity shop would be an acceptable alternative. Perhaps @SewRuthieSews would like to ponder this with me.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Celia

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2024, 08:52:47 AM »
Thank you   @SewRuthieSews  I  always follow these threads but haven’t really felt able to join in much but I am determined to try harder this year.   :loveit:

Iminei

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2024, 09:20:58 AM »
Then by mid-May/early-June I should have trawled a few charity shops for anything worth reusing; but not sure if that would count in the stash one though!

Not quite charities stash, but my ex's shirts could have gone to the Charity until I realised quite how much gorgeous fabric there was in them ... Two quilts and two cushions later ....

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qFbQzxp2LroyTunC7
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

grndkntrl

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2024, 13:15:04 PM »
Not quite charities stash, but my ex's shirts could have gone to the Charity until I realised quite how much gorgeous fabric there was in them ... Two quilts and two cushions later ....

Haha, I like that idea; it certainly beats shredding & dumping them out in black bags on the doorstep for him to collect!  >:) :laugh:
Just starting out with a Brother FS40s for now!

Also dabbling in 3D printing & electronics.