The Sewing Place

Help please for this singer!

Celia

Re: Help please for this singer!
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2024, 13:14:03 PM »
@Ohsewsimple  yes it’s all changed your old Pfaff 7570 was made before two companies joined together.

Helen M

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2024, 15:51:57 PM »
It's all so confusing about different brands isn't it. I'm almost certain my Brother Lock 730D was made by Viking Husqvana as a year or so later when I was helping the owner of where we used to stay in Florida look for a serger we saw a Viking identical to mine which I'd had for a year at the time. The extra feet were identical too.

I also remember the J Lewis' Brother sales person saying at the time that of the 3 or 4 different models she thought mine was the better one. 35 years on I think she may have been right as I'm still using it. It was an early diff feed model.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 75

William

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2024, 12:46:02 PM »
Actually i have put off purchasing a machine as 1) I figured out what was the problem with my Quantum and 2) i really need to get rid of machines, not buy them (anyone else here?). The problem with the Quantum is that the pedal really has to be securely in the port - since i have started to pay attention to this, there has been nary a problem. 

Does anyone have any info about the Singer Heavy Duty vs. the Pfaff Smarter series? The machines have the same stitches in the same places on the dials... I can well imagine two different plastic covers over the same chassis...

...it was a Hobbit hole, and that meant comfort.

So Chic

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2024, 13:46:29 PM »
The only reports I have heard about the Singer HD machines is that they are a bit iffy as they are either good or awful.  I don’t know about the current Pfaffs although I had one years ago which I never really bonded with although I never had any problems.
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

Sara-S

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2024, 13:18:26 PM »
@William what type of sewing do you plan to do?  If you want to work with denim or leather, Janome makes better heavy-duty machines.
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.