The Sewing Place

In need of a service!

Greybird

In need of a service!
« on: March 06, 2024, 23:16:59 PM »
I bought my Elna Experience 520s during Lockdown and it has been in nearly constant use ever since - I love the machine. It is now though, I think, in need of a service. My problem is that I don't have anywhere nearby that I can get it done. I can use my other machine, Husqvarna Emerald 118, but it doesn't have one step buttonholes. One of the problems with the Elna, I have found this week, is that I sometimes press down on the foot control but nothing happens. It will go when I press it again but the frequency is increasing. Does anyone know enough about foot controls to know what the problem might be? I can get a new foot control for about £40 but don't want to do this if it's a simple thing wrong with it.

Celia

Re: In need of a service!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2024, 09:10:56 AM »
It could be either the foot control or the power supply, I would be inclined to try a new foot control as I think this is the most likely culprit, they are not usually repairable these days unless you are very lucky and have someone willing to break the rules!!!

Greybird

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2024, 09:13:58 AM »
Thank you @Celia ! Exactly what I needed. I don't mind paying for a new one but didn't want to do it and then be told I didn't need to!

Flobear

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2024, 09:17:07 AM »
I had exactly the same problem a few years ago with  my foot control. At Imi's for a 'play day' I borrowed hers and there were no problems so I knew that was the culprit.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!