The Sewing Place

Home inspiration Thread

SewRuthieSews

Home inspiration Thread
« on: March 12, 2024, 16:52:51 PM »
Thread we can share our previous home makes and things we've pinned for inspiration.

I am away without my PC but will add some things when I get back. In the meantime over to you all!

Ouryve

Re: Home inspiration Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2024, 18:03:35 PM »
Aaargh. My looooong post vanished! Shall post the tl;dr.

This machine cover, made to measure for Bernie, a rather rotund lady using this tutorial and advice and inspiration from members here. It's stiffened with bosal in-R form flexible foam stabiliser.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2024, 21:54:04 PM »
That’s very smart @Ouryve.  I’m afraid I don’t cover my machines.  :embarrassed: They’re always out.

Ouryve

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2024, 23:20:10 PM »
Bernie has to live in the front room, when not in use, @Ohsewsimple and the cover she came with is little more than an ill fitting plastic bag. I do all my cutting and sewing on the dining table so need to keep that clear enough for 3 of us to eat at.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Hideout Hen

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2024, 09:22:43 AM »
I made these caddies for our swivel chairs.
A laptop holder for my OH and a caddy for my bits and bobs.
In my dreams I'm still sewing....and also in my nightmares.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2024, 14:31:01 PM »
Of course @Ouryve.  I’m lucky I have a room but sometimes wonder if I should be covering them.  Just too lazy. 

Hideout Hen

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2024, 14:46:12 PM »
Of course @Ouryve.  I’m lucky I have a room but sometimes wonder if I should be covering them.  Just too lazy.
I have a room where my machines are always out. But I keep them covered to keep the dust of. Especially the industrial which is more oily.
In my dreams I'm still sewing....and also in my nightmares.

Ouryve

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2024, 15:02:25 PM »
I also cover the feed dogs with a scrap of fabric when my machines are out. They get manky enough just from using them without dust and breadcrumbs ending up down there.

realale

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2024, 20:15:52 PM »
My machines are left out all the time. I cover them but not with a fancy fitted cover just a throw over so it's easy to move and put back on. One is the Sewing is Therapy quilt I made last year, one is made up from all the random bookcase blocks I made as a test run before I sewed my bookcase quilt and the other is just covered with fabric embroidered with random sewing sayings. Overlocker doesn't have a cover but I'll have to sort something out if I get a new fancy pants one.   ;)
So many beers, so little time.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2024, 11:34:35 AM »
This was something I made for a previous home contest

Its the Closet Core Patterns Free Pouf. This lives at my friend's house as she loved it so much. She found the scraps too heavy so I made a beanbag to go inside instead

https://blog.closetcorepatterns.com/fabric-floor-pouf-free-sewing-pattern/

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2024, 11:37:07 AM »
Simple envelope back cushions used to make a wicker chair more comfortable

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2024, 11:38:47 AM »
Windowseat cushion made for a friend

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2024, 14:19:21 PM »
@SewRuthieSews i remember the pouffe.  Thought it was great. 

Acorn

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2024, 14:20:50 PM »
My door hangings:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

These are on the doors between the kitchen and dining room so that I can hide one room or the other when we have visitors!  They are done in machine appliqué and hand embroidery.  I have quite a collection of Cornishware, so they fit in well.

It has just occurred to me that the doors have been painted cream since then!  Much nicer.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 14:22:52 PM by Acorn »
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2024, 16:07:31 PM »
Lovely @Acorn. Lots of our internal doors have 4 horizontal glass panels including the sewing room, so maybe the sewing room needs something like this as its probably the messiest room in the house