The Sewing Place

Frister & Rossman Euro 21

Greybird

Frister & Rossman Euro 21
« on: March 29, 2024, 14:22:33 PM »
Does anyone know anything about this machine? There is one going spare - newly serviced - at the Mens Shed. Grand-daughter says she wants to learn how to sew and I thought I might get it for her. I don't, however, want to get involved if it's likely to cause me problems!

Morgan

Re: Frister & Rossman Euro 21
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2024, 06:33:22 AM »
It's not a model I've used, however from a quick look at the manual here https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1342150/Frister-And-Rossmann-Euro-21.html?page=17#manual
It looks like a straight forward machine for a novice.
Drop in bobbin, adjustable stitch length & width, snap on feet
If newly serviced it's probably well worth considering. 
Perhaps take a look at the list in the manual for the original accessories and check with the seller that the standard foot and buttonhole foot are both with the machine.  They're the  ones that matter most.

Greybird

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2024, 09:27:23 AM »
Thank you @Morgan - that's helpful. I will just have to take it as it comes however - it was a donation to the Mens Shed and whatever I give them for it goes into their funds. I am assuming that any missing pieces will still be available. I've just looked a bit further into it and see that the Frister & Rossman company is now owned by SMD so I would think that it should be safe enough!

Lachica

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2024, 16:09:49 PM »
Those old machines are fairly simple& reliable @Greybird. As long as it has the basic feet it should be good for your granddaughter.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Greybird

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2024, 23:09:37 PM »
Thank you @Lachica