The Sewing Place

Wardrobe switchover time?

Sheilago

Re: Wardrobe switchover time?
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2024, 17:02:48 PM »
I’m indoors today, but I’m wearing jeans, thermal vest, cotton jumper, fleece and pure wool neck scarf 😂 I don’t wear jeans etc in summer , but that’s still at least 6 weeks away!

Acorn

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2024, 17:06:29 PM »
It looked much warmer outside than it really was this morning! 

I think @Bodgeitandscarper is the real arbiter of the weather clothes-wise.  If she isn't wearing shorts yet, it is definitely too cold.  If she is, you might want to wait a few weeks before showing your knees!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

So Chic

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2024, 17:11:58 PM »
One of our neighbours isn’t wearing his shorts yet so it’s not time to change.
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

BrendaP

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2024, 17:17:23 PM »
I do much the same as Ruthie and have a couple of tubs of out of season clothes on the hard to reach top shelves and this morning I was thinking that it's nearly time to switch over, though there's always a bit of in between seasons stuff accessible.

Yesterday I wore a skirt and shirt for the first time in ages (without a thremal under layer) and although today is supposed to be several degrees cooler it's not that cold and I'm  still comfortable with just a long sleeve top and trousers.  Time to put away the thicker jumpers and winter boots but not really time for summer dresses.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2024, 18:44:52 PM »
@Acorn has it right - I've been wearing shorts for about 10 days I think - although when we went to Skeg the other day I cracked and put jeans on, but it was cold and very wafty!
I don't have different clothes apart from shorts and then sleeveless tops when it's a bit warmer.  Bingo wings, who cares  :laughing: :laughing:

Catllar

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2024, 19:50:33 PM »
I don't have hot or cold clothes, just more layers if needed. Mind you we don't have really cold here.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Tamnymore

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2024, 19:56:14 PM »
Doesn't seem warm enough to me yet  for the 'summer wardrobe '. Once it's ok for bedding plants to go outside sounds about right. But of course layers may be the answer. Iobe a good cardigan.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 19:58:12 PM by Tamnymore »
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Lachica

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2024, 22:05:36 PM »
Yesterday in the garden in a short sleeve t shirt my arms got slightly brown, so today I suncreamed before going out briefly then coming in to put on a fleece. When May be oot then I might cast a few cloots but my year round uniform is jeans & a top except for those few days on a sunny holiday when the knees & arms are uncovered. It's time to put the boots & parka away though I reckon.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Tamnymore

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2024, 22:26:35 PM »
I see the weather forecast for tomorrow is wet, windy and temperatures.of 9-12°C ....  :S

Ellabella

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2024, 23:42:23 PM »
I keep thinking it’s time to put the winter coat away, but then I do the school pickup with a twenty min wait between Key Stage  1 and Key Stage 2, definitely not the right time yet.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 09:28:50 AM by Ellabella »

Nevis5

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2024, 07:59:48 AM »
I'm looking forward to the day when I can change (or at least add a few summery things) my wardrobe but it's gone cold, wet and windy again here and looks to be that way for at least another week so, no.  I hate having to give up my boots but I may think about tucking them away by the end of the week.

HenriettaMaria

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2024, 08:50:15 AM »
school pickup with a twenty mile wait between Key Stage  1 and Key Stage 2

Now that's what I call a big playground  ;)

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2024, 09:28:10 AM »
Yeah I've given up and put the central heating back on today.

Although its not switchover time quite yet I would quite like to have a big try on session and see what needs donating and what might need replacing.

Tamnymore

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2024, 09:34:42 AM »
Yes it's hailing here now - chucking on another cardi!

Missie

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2024, 12:43:51 PM »
No, absolutely not, not yet.  I turned the heating off and to put it back on.  We took the duvet off, in favour of 2 light blankets and I'm freezing.  I am still in my heavy jumpers so don't be fooled by that glimmer of sunshine!