The Sewing Place

Wardrobe switchover time?

Lowena

Re: Wardrobe switchover time?
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2024, 12:54:43 PM »
It was 20c and sunny here on Saturday....ditto yesterday. Today it's 6.5c rain  and blowing a gale. No wonder we get confused  :faints:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

coffeeandcake

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2024, 17:36:05 PM »
When I drove to work this morning it was 4.5C and there was snow on the Pennines.  I was wearing my wool blend trousers. :)

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2024, 17:39:41 PM »
Yes, clearly I was confused by 2 nice days. We've had hailstones here!

KayK

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2024, 11:31:57 AM »
Very high winds today, hail yesterday and deluging rain - 6C here, and no sun!  Do need a wardrobe sort out tho - I seem to keep wearing the same 5 pairs of M&S 'warm and cosy jeggings' and the same 5 fleece zip up tops!  DH and me are glad we don't go out for meals etc as we don't have the clothes anymore!  I went mad and bought a whole load of stuff from Seasalt last year for our holiday- their petite fit is quite good for me, being a 5 footer.  However, I decided I don't really like any of them, so they will be going up for sale on the Seasalt for sale FB page!  I did order some shoes (got returned) trousers (got returned) a shirt (got returned) jeans (got returned) all much to my disappointment.  A real hassle to return the goods and wait for a refund as well.

I see Joules, who were my favourites years ago have made a return to the decent quality they once were (not all the stuff) but was very pleased with a sweatshirt from there.  They have also re-introduced the good old deck shirts that used to go on for years!

Oh well, come on weather, I am seriously sick of my clothes now!
I have learnt by my mistakes: Sewing machines now are Bernina 720, Bernina 1008, Bernina 801 from 1981, Brother overlocker, ancient but works well

Tamnymore

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2024, 12:03:40 PM »
We had a nice walk to a favourite cafe this morning and the sun came out so I found myself divesting layers as I walked and carrying coat, scarf etc. I'd almost got to the point of taking off my cardigan too when we arrived home  :faints:

The moral of the tale?  The weather does not behave as expected but then we knew that so it is expected... I think!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2024, 12:07:04 PM »
yeah the weather is just very changeable at the moment. Layers are the way to go!

Starryfish

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2024, 14:38:43 PM »
I've turned into my mother, and am seldom without my vest. My grandmother was so attached to hers in her declining years she put a clean one everyday without removing yesterdays. Mum used to go round and give her a bath once a week, and peeled off all 7!

At this rate it will be June before I remove mine.
A day without sewing is a day wasted.

Silver Rose

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2024, 15:08:14 PM »
That made me laugh @Starryfish, I've just had  short walk wearing polo neck jumper, gloves and my overcoat which I thought I wouldn't be wearing again until October.
Still learning

Morgan

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2024, 15:36:26 PM »
I am wondering whether its now just got warm enough to switch over the summer and winter clothes.
. . .
What do you think, has the day arrived?

Has the day arrived ?
That would be a 'Nope'.

One of those 12 months ago photo reminders came up yesterday when the windy squalls and hailstones were battering the house - same time last year  we were on the beach at Starr Gate, in Tshirts with the dogs, friends and grandchild collecting shells.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 15:38:21 PM by Morgan »

Ouryve

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2024, 17:32:43 PM »
I remember decorating the boys' room in early May, years ago, with sleet and snow hitting the window.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Helen M

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2024, 19:59:16 PM »
Looking at tomorrow's temperatures I think I'll have my boots on when I go to the hairdressers!
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 75

Kwaaked

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2024, 01:38:16 AM »
While I am in a completely different part of the world, I'd say yes with a caveat.

We hit 84 here today and I am breaking out my linen pants and maxi skirts, but, I still have a couple jean/twill jackets out to toss on and I keep my Shanel out all year round except middle of summer (when it is almost or at 100F) for a deep dry clean and repair. 

This weekend we've got rain and 60 for the high one day; will be 80s until Friday, then mid and low 60s until Tuesday with lows in the 40s.  While I am not overly a cold person, if I am outside those days, I can get chilly.

realale

« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2024, 12:25:47 PM »
Saw this and it made me smile.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
So many beers, so little time.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2024, 12:43:08 PM »
 :laughing: :laughing:  Love it @realale
Sounds about right.

Gernella

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2024, 11:32:31 AM »
We've still got heating on but I do keep a bit of summer on one end of the wardrobe just in case.  I've not even changed the duvet yet and it was May last year.

I have gone down from 60D to 40D in tights though, which is a start.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included