The Sewing Place

Vogue 9299

Ravingdoll

Vogue 9299
« on: April 10, 2018, 12:47:37 PM »
I have finished this one now and I am cross-referencing from my diary as, since this is a new season Vogue pattern it might be of interest to anyone else thinking of making it. 

It’s really outside of my normal makes, but I’m bringing it back in by wearing it with a long tight pencil skirt, and with the self fabric tie I still get the hourglass look that I like.  But it’s an ideal length for people who like wearing these things with leggings/jeggings.  Although it is long, so for shorter people it might need some adjustment.  I am 5ft 8in and the front rides on the knee on me. 

It all came together like a dream really.  But you need to like sleeves!  Which of course this pattern is all about.  There’s an awful lot of gathering, particularly the middle sleeve to the cuff.  What I like about this one though is that despite all the mid sleeve pouffiness because it does taper down to the cuffs it doesn’t get in the way trying to do normal daily activities.  I say that without actually having worn it yet, but I can’t see it being a problem.  Not like some of the sleeves you see at the moment, I have a jumper that I have to remove before cooking because I’m sure it will go up in flames, I seem to have no control over it at all.  Nor can I put a coat over it. 

The rebel in me has left out the button/buttonhole on the collar.  I am sure the CEO of Quality Control will be able to give me a dozen style reasons why it should be there, but I am not a man, I won’t be wearing it done up to the collar, I most certainly won’t be wearing it with a tie, so my shirt, my style rules!!   ;)

sewingj

Re: Vogue 9299
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 12:50:20 PM »
I never put buttonholes on the collar - I have enough problems getting my machine to make them where they are absolutely necessary without putting them just for show!