The Sewing Place

Incomplete charity shop sewing pattern

rowe1311

Incomplete charity shop sewing pattern
« on: July 06, 2018, 20:06:54 PM »
I was all excited that I picked up this pattern https://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/patterns/sewingpatterns.pl?patternid=29371 from a charity shop.  I often have a nosey at the patterns in case something catches me eye.  Some of the pieces were cut but as they were the right size for me it seemed fine. 

This would make a simple summer dress and I was looking forward to making it up, only to find the main dress pattern wasn't in there.  I have lots of wonderful sleeves to make on a non existent dress.  Lesson learned, take out the whole pattern before buying used patterns again.  The patterns are so fiddly but it is more annoying to go home and realise I can't make it anyway. 

UttaRetch

Re: Incomplete charity shop sewing pattern
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 20:11:01 PM »
I don't feel so bad now about the pattern I bought on ebay having been trimmed down to the largest size.

elephun

Re: Incomplete charity shop sewing pattern
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 23:29:12 PM »
The last pattern I bought was missing a piece, too! It looked like it was all there in the charity shop, but I didn't check until I got back to the house. It was cheap, so it's not a big loss. I'd still be much happier if I had the piece; it's the front of a blazer!