The Sewing Place

Free pattern on Makerist - KARLOTTA dress

Jane

Free pattern on Makerist - KARLOTTA dress
« on: March 21, 2017, 21:07:18 PM »
Hi

I just found this free pattern on Makerist - Karlotta dress.

Dress KARLOTTA / Sewing Pattern in XS -3XL

https://www.makerist.com/patterns/dress-karlotta-sewing-pattern-in-xs-3xl

Enjoy!!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 21:13:03 PM by Jane »
Jane (I'll get Fran to sew it)

b15erk

Re: Free pattern on Makerist - KARLOTTA dress
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 21:27:09 PM »
Jane, thank you, I've saved that to download tomorrow.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Francesca

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 22:35:15 PM »
That does look pretty good for a freebie...

I hadn't heard of So! Patterns before. Looks to be a German brand. There are some cute things on their site and they go up to a 4XL in some... https://www.so-pattern.com/ Mainly bags and things though.

I quite like this shirt dress, totally loose fitting and would probably make a really good comfortable nightie actually!

https://www.so-pattern.com/produkt/bluse-patricia-lady/
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 22:38:10 PM by Francesca »

b15erk

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 08:58:39 AM »
Just downloaded now, and it looks a really nice pattern. I don't wear dresses very often, but it's always useful to have one in the wardrobe.

Good size range, just got to figure out how the sizes work out.

Thanks Jane!

JEssie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Francesca

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 09:25:11 AM »
Interested to see how it sizes up. Lots of princess seams makes for good fitting!

I have quite a lot of fabrics that would work for it (light, but crispy cottons. Poplins basically) and haven't yet found a pattern for them.

I think the pictures are pretty terrible, it needs an iron!

b15erk

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 09:28:28 AM »
I quite agree Fran, I can't see how a dress can photograph at it's best, without being ironed!  The technical pictures show a nice shape though.  Definitely worth dipping into the stash for:)

Jessie

b15erk

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 10:12:50 AM »
Just downloaded yet another free pattern from this website.  It's the Valerie Top, T Shirt, dress, and tank top, sizes XS to 4X.

A bit low at the front, but that can be altered.

Jessie

b15erk

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 10:53:44 AM »
The Tropfchen dress is yet another freebie on this site.  6months to 12 years, great one to keep for a quick make.

Marina Brumpton sells her patterns on Makerist, it may be one of hers.  If so, it's well worth downloading, her patterns are very good.

Jessie

suzied

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 20:32:06 PM »
It's says €7 on there now !
The photo isn't very flattering, looks like it doesn't fit properly.

Lilian

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2017, 20:49:24 PM »
I like that dress, it does say €7 on there now.  I think I have a very similar pattern.  It's my kind of dress  :frock: Thanks for posting it  :D
Willing but not always able :)

Vegegrow

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2017, 20:52:30 PM »
Jane's original post was on the 21st of March I expect the offer has finished
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz