The Sewing Place

When do Simplicity patterns go on sale?

Clareew

When do Simplicity patterns go on sale?
« on: August 25, 2018, 19:55:01 PM »
I am making lounge pants for various members of the family as Christmas presents.  I have decided on Simplicity 8518 for the females and wonder how often Simplicity patterns go on sale.

Tamnymore

Re: When do Simplicity patterns go on sale?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 21:22:34 PM »
They had a 25% off sale not that long ago @Clareew so it probably means they won't  be on sale for a while yet. Interesting that it was only 25% off and not the usual 50%. Also the current  Vogue sale is only 40% off. Patterns seem to be getting more expensive in the UK. The pound dropping against the dollar will probably have something to do with it.

The UK Simplicity website does a pattern of the week for £2.95. It's worth keeping an eye on in case a pattern on your list turns up.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 21:25:05 PM by Tamnymore »
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Clareew

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 22:12:57 PM »
Thank you for the information.  I will keep and eye on the pattern of the week too.

Tamnymore

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 16:33:44 PM »
Simplicity have a 25% off sale at the moment @Clareew .

Clareew

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 09:48:47 AM »
Thank you for the heads up, I will head to my local store.

sewingj

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 19:59:13 PM »
I`m waiting for a SewDirect Flash Sale - one of their half price plus free delivery jobs!

Tamnymore

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2018, 20:26:13 PM »
I don't think there has been a sewdirect flash sale for a while @sewingj . August Bank hol came and went without one.  :'(  Given that the last Vogue sale was 40% off and the last 2 Simplicity sales were only 25% off I hope this doesn't signal that half price sales are a thing of the past. I suspect we are going to have to pay more for our patterns in future.