The Sewing Place

McCalls M5252

fajita

McCalls M5252
« on: August 26, 2018, 15:30:11 PM »
How annoying.

I bought this pattern a while back, possibly about a year ago.  I just opened it as I was thinking of making one at last, and it's got page 1/2 of 5 pages of instructions, and pages 3/4/5 of instructions for some sort of dressing up costume dress.

Mutter mutter mutter.

classical retro

Re: McCalls M5252
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 16:00:43 PM »
And frustrating. Can you remember where you bought it? Alternatively you could write to McCalls? Don’t know how successful it will be these days, but might help you through the pain.

Give it a go anyway, see how far you get. I’ve surprised myself by winging it and then gone back to the instructions to find I was right. (I won’t say how many times I’ve had to unpick though.)

CV :angel:

fajita

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 16:25:08 PM »
@classical retro I took your advice. I emailed Jaycotts, who contacted McCalls who then emailed me the printed instructions. A very painless process. I didn't really expect to hear back from them, so I am very happy.  :toast:

Tamnymore

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 16:37:04 PM »
Nice to hear of some good customer service!  :D
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Vezelay

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 17:16:47 PM »
Another thumbs up here for McCalls. When I found one of their patterns had incorrect instructions I used the contact form on their website and received the corrected version back by email the same day.